free website stats program What are the best rocker box gaskets? | Harley Davidson Forums

What are the best rocker box gaskets?

bio_research

Contributor
I have had an oil leak on my 08 nighster for almost a year. It has gotten a LOT worse and today I saw an oil mist actually spray from the seam in the rocker box area. I am going to do this myself, but have a few questions. One being; What are the best gaskets for this? I have seen a ton of brands and I know this spot is really common for oil leaks and don't want to have to repair it again. What do you all reccomend?

Thanks

I have had no problems with stock gaskets however some of my bikes have over the years developed a leak on the lower rocker box gasket these turned out to be a paper gasket which is a pest to remove the gasket kit from hd contained a thin metal gasket for the lower rocker box as well as new umbrella valves etc etc and it is good practice to replace everything once in there

Brian

Follow the manufactures torque, when you remove the rocker boxes use a criss cross sequence and remove the boxes straight up to prevent warpage:D

Back