free website stats program What and where is Wally World | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What and where is Wally World

Made my first stop at Harbor Frieght the other day, everything had CHINA stamped on it. Took my folding money that has United States of America on it and walked out. I am not opposed to foriegn made items, but I think even the floor tile said "made in China" :newsmile077: voted with my feet went to Home Depot and found made in Taiwan stamped on everything .................Whats a guy to do?

sniff out your local parts hut type place.. they still carry the good stuff. you pay a bit more, but well worth it... IMO (had to say it)

ASDA supermarkets (large food halls that sell clothing and electronics) is owned by wal mart

i billion a day is more moent than i can count :D

Amen aint enough fingers and toes to count on :bigsmiley30:

Yea wally world and if you see something you want on the shelf. You better buy it right then, cause the next time you go in they won't have it, can't get it, and probably won't even know what your talking about.

Thirty years ago when the United States was on top of the "heap" and we were still a manufacturing nation, we were exporting to the rest of the world and loving it. Now, when the tables are turned and we are a big importer instead of a manufacturer, things are a bit different.

We are selling our economic "soul" in quest of the $$$$, remember Ross Periot and the famous "giant sucking sound" comment when talking about "free trade"....

Well here in Canada its the same thing, prices going up , wages not going up and everything made out of North America.
What drove it home for me once was when I was down in Plano Texas and the person taking me around commented that they did not have any fastfood places in Plano (this was a few years ago). He said that the income level of the people that lived there was too high and their kids wouldn't work at fastfood places for the money they paid. They didn't want workers bussed into the area, and no one was willing to pay more for their food so they just closed up shop. We all want things cheaper (mostly cause our wages go up way slower then the cost of things) but don't want to lose the jobs. Guess something has to give? My 2 cents.

When i was a kid i learned about inflation/wages i wondered if someday that jar of peanut butter would cost 100.00 dollars. wages/inflation like a dog chasing its tail..

Back