free website stats program What Air Cleaner? | Harley Davidson Forums

What Air Cleaner?

09ultra

Banned
I have the Jack Pot slip on pipes installed and I will have the TFI unit here Saturday morning. I will go ahead with the TFI install but really want to be sure I get the right AC to complete the stage one the first time. Is the Screaming Eagle a decent choice? Do I have to buy the housing as well as an Ait Filter? Lastly will the settings on the TFI change when I add the air filter? Going on a 09 Ultra.
Thanks.

Out of all, the SE unit is a good unit and has the least problems . I have seen the big sucker with breakage problems but the SE, I haven't seen this. The SE comes as a complete kit, the problem is that the filter in the kit isn't a K&N. I like to swap it, some dealers have substituted the K&N for the paper on in the kit for the customer.

The TFI has different settings for different stages. It comes with the settings in the kit. Easy enough to change after adding the filter.

Glider,
What do you think about the Kuryakyn breathers? I just like the style better than SE, but it's hard to compare the performance stats.

There's not a major difference between the ones of the same size using the K&N filters in them. I think the SE kit from the dealer is hard to beat with a K&N filter added to it.The Hyper charges is a bit over rated for what it is and claims.

Glider, The SE kit I have comes with a HD filter. Is it imperitive I go get a K&N or is the HD SE sufficient to complete the stage one, at least for now? Is there a big performance difference or is it more a quality issue? Thanks.

More quality than anything else, the older paper filters that they used to use in those kits with the blue band did in fact come apart and get ingested into the engine.
I like the K&N and it has a bit better flow because it is a more open filter media than the paper one from HD but because of the oiling of the filter, it traps the dust while still allowing the flow. As far as performance difference, probably have a hard time measuring the difference between them.

OK to swap at a future date.

There's not a major difference between the ones of the same size using the K&N filters in them. I think the SE kit from the dealer is hard to beat with a K&N filter added to it.The Hyper charges is a bit over rated for what it is and claims.

Just talked to a mechanic who does a lot of custom engine work on v-twins. Turns out the Hypercharger uses the engine vacuum (via a tube) to operate the butterflies. According to him, the v-twins are a bit light on vacuum to begin with, so stealing (even a bit) was not his favorite idea.

Glider,

I am thinking about adding some Vance and Hines basic slip on mufflers on my 08 road glide along with the V&H air cleaner and the V&H fuel pack. How good is this setup or should I look at something different? This stuff is all new to me.

Thanks

Glider,

I am thinking about adding some Vance and Hines basic slip on mufflers on my 08 road glide along with the V&H air cleaner and the V&H fuel pack. How good is this setup or should I look at something different? This stuff is all new to me.

Thanks

I answered your other post on this. Please only post your questions once.

Thanks

Back