free website stats program What about this idea | Harley Davidson Forums

What about this idea

robermv32

I have a 2010 FLHX Street glide with custom paint. I had a 2008 FXSTC that I traded in for the SG. On that FXSTC I had installed the BA Flashing Tail-light that I loved. Now here's the question....The SG has two small tail-lights and I can't use the flasher. What are the opinions to having a Stock Harley Tail-light installed on the rear fender and then swapping in the Flasher unit from BA taillights AND, what would be entailed in the process for such an addition to the fender ?

I know it may not "Look Good" but I really liked that flasher..it saved me once and many people have said they sure could see me.....

I have a 2010 FLHX Street glide with custom paint. I had a 2008 FXSTC that I traded in for the SG. On that FXSTC I had installed the BA Flashing Tail-light that I loved. Now here's the question....The SG has two small tail-lights and I can't use the flasher. What are the opinions to having a Stock Harley Tail-light installed on the rear fender and then swapping in the Flasher unit from BA taillights AND, what would be entailed in the process for such an addition to the fender ?

I know it may not "Look Good" but I really liked that flasher..it saved me once and many people have said they sure could see me.....

That might be quite a project for installation of tail light then rewiring to adapt for the flasher.
Maybe some options could be found here
Custom Dynamics Motorcycle LED Lights Motorcycle LEDs Lighting Accessories

To put a std. tail light on your fender would require cutting a hole and welding the mounting tabs inside the fender which would burn the paint. Maybe picking up an earlier Street Glide fender that has the tail light. I've seen them on ebay. I doubt that HD changed the wiring harness on the S.G. from the other FLH models, so you should be able to get one of the flashing stop light plug in modules (tailstopper,kuryakyn,dakota digital) that will attract more attention. Maybe coupled with LED bulbs? If Harley makes it, someone makes options for it. Let us know what you end up doing.

I agree with DBMG above. Would be easier and probably cheaper with less mods on your bike to find a flasher unit that will work with your bike's current set up.

TQ

Thanks for all your suggestion. I agree that any welding would damage the paint, and I'm not about to do that....

Anybody interested in buying the BAL Tail-light ?
Let me know

Thanks for all your suggestion. I agree that any welding would damage the paint, and I'm not about to do that....

Anybody interested in buying the BAL Tail-light ?
Let me know

Put it out there in the For Sale area with pix. You will be surprised at how quickly it moves. With over 40K members, you have a pretty big reach here.

TQ

Back