free website stats program We're Selling Out | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

We're Selling Out

Doc there is one facet I did not cover in my previous posts. When you said the car crossed over into their lane, was the car going the same direction as your friends or was it oncoming traffic ?

If the car (going the same direction) came into their lane, then yes a bike would make you more vulnerable to injury, if there were no avenue of exit or swerving away. But depending on variables, if you wore a helmet, this could be a survivable incident.

But a vehicle coming across the median (from the opposite direction) I don't think anyones chances (even in a cage) would be good on that. Just something to think about.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends. As many posts have said, the decision is yours. From time to time, life throws these things at us. I was very passionate about SCUBA diving. Put a lot into it. Certified Dive Master and Instructor. After diving for almost 25 years ( I started in my early teens) I witnessed a diving accident that nearly took the life of a friend. In my years, I had witnessed several accidents, one fatal, but this one was different. You have to do what you have to do. God bless and guide you in your decision making...

Very sorry to hear about your friend. I do think if everyone stopped doing something because someone close to us was killed all we would do is sit indoors and waste away. Just my thoughts but you and you alone knows what is right for you.

Sorry for your loss..But if your friends would have died in a car..you would be selling your car?...The motorcycle is being blamed for the loss of your friends and that's not right...Getting killed doing something you love is not a tragedy...getting killed walking out to get your mail...now that's a tragedy...You can't tell me that someone like Dale Earnhardt would not have chosen the exact way he left this world...turn 4 on the last lap of the Daytona 500...over any other scenario...I have told my family and friends do not cry if I die while on my bike,because I left this world doing what I love to do...and put it on my headstone!...

Always hate to hear bad news like yours but know you and your family will make the right decisions. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friends.

Sorry for your loss. I do understand your decision,but I agree with Smitty on this, when it's your turn,it's your turn.

Wife and I always talk about this, as we had friends that were killed in bike accident. We still ride...guess we all take risks in life and I still fly commercial airlines which is a bigger risk to me than riding my Harley.

Doc, my heart and prayers go out to you and your friend's family. Nothing else can be said about your decision that hasn't already been said. God be with you.

Well here's the thing.

I am ready to get back on and ride. Things happen in life and this is one of "those things". The dilema for me is my family and friends. Sister and Bro in law already sold there's. Paula is done and that leaves me. Fine..I could find other riding friends no problem. I already have a few. But the rest of the family is so uncomfortable with me riding now that I am giving it up for them.

Years ago we had a nice boat. We live along the Columbia River and love to fish. I am planning to get back into fishing and will have a nice boat rather than a Harley at least for a while. For now I want the family to rest easy and not worry about me riding. My folks are getting up in years and my Dad loves to fish too. I plan to spend as much quality time with them as possible and not have them worry about me on a bike.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and I guarantee...I'll be back on 2 wheels someday.

Back