free website stats program We're Selling Out | Harley Davidson Forums

We're Selling Out

doc_63

I'm sorry to report that Paula and I are both going to sell our bikes. 2008 Street Glide and 2008 Fatboy. I will post on here for interested parties to check out.

I give this news with a heavy heart. I haven't spent much time on here lately. In February the President of our local chapter was killed in an accident when a car crossed over into his lane and took him and his wife both out. She was following on her Heritage. He suffered severe head trauma and passed away that night. She came away with a few breaks and many bruises. Our hearts go out to her and her family. She is back to work and doing as well as expected.

That being said...it hit too close to home for some people I care deeply about. My sister and brother in law already got rid of there bikes and Paula and I are next. Personally I am ready to get back on, but Paula is not. My Mother and Father worry sick when we ride and I cant have my family worry so much.

Selling might be hard in todays economy but I wil price both bikes to sell. Watch for 2 good deals coming soon.

Riding is not a hobby for me...it's a passion. Someday somehow I will own another Harley.

Thanks for all you guys have taught me here. This is the best forum on the planet.

I am so sorry for your friends and your decision. It is only one you can make and I am sure it was a hard one to make. You can be the best rider in the world but when some inattentive and careless driver makes a poor decision sometimes the wrong people suffer. I will say a prayer for your friends and hope to see you back on a HD some day.

doc, So sorry to hear about you friends. God speed to them and their family.
Maybe with the passion you have for motorcycling, what may help is to sell one of the bikes and then cover and park the Glide so its out of sight and mind for awhile. Then as the healing continues, and this recent event starts to pass, a point in time may come that riding is reincorporated into your routine and you will have your comfortable stead. Maybe give it a couple more months. Best to luck to you with what ever decision you make.

To Doc 63. I'm sorry about your friends and hearing about you and your wife giving up riding. I've lost friends too but I would rather ride than give it up. I've also had friends killed in car accidents, some had heart attacks while running, ect. When your called home, it's your turn.
Thoughts and prayers with you and your friends.

Doc, sorry to hear about this but you know what is best for you and Paula. Give it some deep thought and follow your heart.

Doc, you and all mentioned in your post are in my thoughts and prayers. The decision you made is the right one for you at this time and certainly not an easy one. My best wishes for the future and peace of mind for you and yours.
Ishmael

I've heard this to many times in my life and it allways leaves me with a heavy heart .

Rough decision Doc, prayers to you and your friends.

So sorry for your friends and your loss. Riding is a personal decision. I rode for many years when I was much younger. Then after I got married with two kids there was a period in my life that I did not ride for many years. I was working 60hrs a week all the time and wondered how I would earn a living if I got busted up on a bike.

Now I'm 60 and semi retired (out of work) my wife has health issues that could be fatal if worsens and I have the genes of my Dad who died at 67, so it's a no brainer for me, I ride now no matter what. But I can relate and respect your decision.

Keep this in mind though IF you do sell. The economy is bad, but Bikes sales are holding strong. Dealers are having to come down some to move huge inventories, but you should not have much problem selling a nice personally owned bike. Especially if you know a lot of people that know how you maintained it and rode it. Good luck to you man and all the best for you and your wife. There are always people looking for a fair deal on a good bike.

best of luck to you and your wife. when stuff like this hits close to home, it weighs heavy...you have to do what the heart says is right..

Back