free website stats program went to local harley shop and this is what they said about my carb icing. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

went to local harley shop and this is what they said about my carb icing.

We should all be thanking Al Gore though.. Had he not invented the internet, we wouldn't have this forum !!! :lolrolling

If a $9 bottle of fuel additive solves the problem, then I guess you've got the solution. Fuel doesn't go stale in two weeks though. Maybe check your fuel cap to make sure it's sealing properly? I don't even think that would affect the fuel that way but, just trying to think of how fuel would be affect that way so quickly???

From the original post describing the issue, it sounded more like a jetting issue.

Would the fuel additive mask the issue of a jetting problem?

The thing that really gets me about the Ethanol, it takes more energy to plant/fertilize/harvest/transport/distill/blend the stuff than the energy (BTU's) than it yeilds...only the government can run a program like that...you know the folks that spend 1.3 cents to make a 1 cent penny.....

put 54 miles saturday around town and little highway, runs like a brand new one !
problem solved.

ethanol is not a NEW fuel - they tried it back in the 80's remember!!??

Try a couple of tablespoons of Iso-Heet with Iso-propyl alchol in the red bottle,not the yellow bottle - Heet- with Methol alc. in the tank once in awhile. Keep in mind the holding tanks at the fueling station are underground,don't care if there plastic or not - water will find its way be it condensation or other wise. JMO!

Back