free website stats program Well no Deluxe now, How about this Guys,Opinions | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Well no Deluxe now, How about this Guys,Opinions

So this bagge would be a rubber or rigid mount . Rubber I assume but you know how that goes.

O and thanks for all the countless hours I saved using Pledge on my bikes.

Baggers are rubber mounts. Glad you liked the Pledge, been using it forever.

So glider how bad is the shake I mean even running a snowblower is bugging me alot due to vibration but the squeezing the safety handles down does cause alot of the vibration to go into my hands . The last deluxe I had didnt give me much trouble but if you are hanging on to something hard and squeezing all the time. Ooh that dont sound good lol.

The only shaking you may experience is when stopped. And in my opinion its more of a pulse. at least that the case on my 2008 EG. Once moving very smooth. Thats the neat thing with the baggers.

Im just on the shak issue because I been putting of removal of the joint surgery for yrs. now because it would keep me from riding for at least a season and I just never seem to except that. But it will happen in the next year or two I think. I'm sure I will have to atleast get the easy clutch because a hard clutch puts alot of presurre on that joint when I had my big dog I could barely get through 20mins of stop and go traffic.
You guys rock

Any one going to near madison wi. thursday from the Greenbay area. could use a drop off in Rio wi. its the only day hes home this week and the family wont go on thanks giving.

I have an 02 Roadking the bike smooths out when you accellerate, does have a shake at idle, I had a hydraulic clutch installed on mine years ago because it is a hard pull especially when you get stuck in traffic or do a lot of miles, my wife has an 06 Ultra and the E-Z pull works fine as good as the hydraulic in my opinion but if you have some issues with your hands and joints i think you would need one or the other and lastly if your used to a six speed trans and or do a lot of highway driving above 60 mph you will always be hunting for the next gear, especially if you have already gotten used to a 6 speed.. JMO

So is the easy pull easy enough for a semi experenced person to install

I have an 02 Roadking the bike smooths out when you accellerate, does have a shake at idle, I had a hydraulic clutch installed on mine years ago because it is a hard pull especially when you get stuck in traffic or do a lot of miles, my wife has an 06 Ultra and the E-Z pull works fine as good as the hydraulic in my opinion but if you have some issues with your hands and joints i think you would need one or the other and lastly if your used to a six speed trans and or do a lot of highway driving above 60 mph you will always be hunting for the next gear, especially if you have already gotten used to a 6 speed.. JMO

So will a 5 speed cruise at 70 plus which I do alot. I dont use sixth that much 75-80 but thats rare but there are times I'm in a hurry or on the expressway where you forced sometimes to go near 80 just to flow with traffic and not get killed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadeye Tom, Don't get me wrong the bike will easily cruise at at 80 plus, I'm about the same size and my bike has no problem hauling me around, I've been up to about 90 mph on my bike and I'm sure there was more , I however don't usually travel at those speeds, when driving around town you won't see any difference, but when i'm on the highway I'm usually between 65 and 80 mph, that's where the 6th speed would be nice, i'ts an overdrive gear and would reduce the rpm's on the motor making it in my opinion a more comftorable ride, I have talked about it before and will have the six speed gearset installed in my bike when i can see my way clear to do it, it's around a $3000.00 project installed. :newsmile093:

I have a 2010 rk no vibes at all when moving just some handlebar shaking at idle. and i mean shake not vibes. its wobbles ur arms about more then bother your hands . I just take me hands off the bars at idle no probs. The clutch weight on this Harley (my 1st one) is less then any other bike ive owned so if u have a dodgy hand its the best bike for u i'd say jmo ..........

So is the easy pull easy enough for a semi experenced person to install

So will a 5 speed cruise at 70 plus which I do alot. I dont use sixth that much 75-80 but thats rare but there are times I'm in a hurry or on the expressway where you forced sometimes to go near 80 just to flow with traffic and not get killed.

Yes, I rode a 95 Ultra 5 speed to Sturgis and back this year, 5 speed ran along side 6 speeds all day long with no problems @ 80 MPH I did miss 6th gear gas mileage just a bit:s

I am also curious about the "average 47 mpg". I say that because I used to average around 39 mpg, then I had the TFI installed and the mpg has dropped so I am wondering how you are getting this incredible mileage? Incredible compared to mine that is! :p

Last edited:
Back