free website stats program Well my ne ride is done | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Well my ne ride is done

Really glad you are okay. That is two accidents that I have read about in four posts. Not good! A very sobering reminder to me, as well as to all of us, of the dangers we all know that we face.
Godspeed in your recovery!

Been busy for a bit, thanks to all of the wellwishers. And, i thought that i was being careful. The driver signalled and stopped. And waited till there was nothing i could do then started to turn.

I should know by the end of the day tomorrow what the plan is from the insurance company. The adjustor is going to look at it. To be honest i'm hopefull its a writeoff. The thought of it being three months old and having this much work done makes me envision riding it for the rest of its days always listening and thinking, that noise wasn't there before the crash.

Thanks again all!!

Goodness me! Isn't there an easier way to get a new bike:) Just kidding. Glad you're fine. Another ol' left turn. They'll get you every time....... Best wishes for your future.

Been busy for a bit, thanks to all of the wellwishers. And, i thought that i was being careful. The driver signalled and stopped. And waited till there was nothing i could do then started to turn.

I should know by the end of the day tomorrow what the plan is from the insurance company. The adjustor is going to look at it. To be honest i'm hopefull its a writeoff. The thought of it being three months old and having this much work done makes me envision riding it for the rest of its days always listening and thinking, that noise wasn't there before the crash.

Thanks again all!!

As others have said, glad that you are apparently uninjured and still with us. Having had an accident back in March, I was surprised that my bike was not a total loss, $6400+ for repairs at HD, there was no frame damage. The entire front end and most of the right side had to be replaced. HD did a very good job and I am pleased with the results. Hope you come out as well. Good luck!

Glad you came out of it alright. Better not to be able to ride in the short run than never to be able to ride again.

Well i thought i would update this for anyone that may care. My bike is officially a write off. And i am getting a total replacement from the insurance company.

I also placed my order for my new ride, which is in the spring. It to miss (EDIT) the last of the season, but the wait gives me time to save some money to do some upgrades i want to do before i get the new ride.

The new one is the same as the old one, a Blackline. Only in Denim black.

If i can find the darned things i will post the pics of my old bike after the accident. Sorry to keep posting in this old thread, but i just want to keep all of my updates in one place, for anyone that reads them, if anyone.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Attachments

• 285154_10150747679935472_711745471_20085299_3549227_n.jpg
    285154_10150747679935472_711745471_20085299_3549227_n.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your wreck, my friend. I too just got taken out by another careless cager! Three weeks ago tonight! Still waiting to hear about my bike. I HOPE the Deuce is repairable, but have to adjust my head to be ready to acept whatever happens. I was getting married in three days from the accident, and did, so how much does the bike REALLY matter? I' alive to pick out another one if I have to....
Might have to change to NYSROADKINGRIDER or sumpin..... *LOL*

Be well, and ride safe! It's not necessarily enough, but it's a start!

Back