free website stats program Well It just happened Key won't unlock hard bag on one side? | Harley Davidson Forums

Well It just happened Key won't unlock hard bag on one side?

What's up with this? Go to the store lock both sides of hard bags come out of store and key won’t unlock the left hard bag. I have now flooded the lock with WD40 no luck. What do you guys suggest? Can the locking mechanism be removed with them being locked so it can be fixed or can the dealer open the hard bag with a master type key?:(

What's up with this? Go to the store lock both sides of hard bags come out of store and key won’t unlock the left hard bag. I have now flooded the lock with WD40 no luck. What do you guys suggest? Can the locking mechanism be removed with them being locked so it can be fixed or can the dealer open the hard bag with a master type key?:(

I don't think the mechanism can be removed while locked. I'd suggest trying your spare key and between the two keys, fiddle, fiddle, fiddle until it decides to work. You can try giving the lock a sharp rap with the plastic handle of a screwdriver. My barrel key in the Dyna did this. Once it took me about 30 minutes of wiggling and fussing until it decided to work.

Last edited:
Thanks all, decided to take the inside hinge part of hard bag, (really the little clips that hold them in place) near the seat loose and wala got the lid off and the lock opened. Won’t lock that side anymore until I replace the barrel locks. Thanks again.

Back