free website stats program Well I finally dropped it | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Well I finally dropped it

Did the same thing on my ultra classic last week with the wife. Made a left turn into an uphill parking space and didn't get wheel straightned up before I stopped. I teetered on the edge for what seemed like 10 seconds before laying it over on the left side. No one was hurt but it sure bruises your pride don't it. :bigsmiley24:

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who dropped it that way. And that teetering as it goes over seems to last a long time. Then everything speeds up and you hit the ground. It's even more embarrassing when lots of people run over to help you pick up the bike and then you hear people in the market next door talking about the poor guy who just dropped his bike in the parking lot.

In a parking lot last week, negotiating really slow traffic and didn't keep the revs up. Dropped the wife - thank goodness the bikes ok:lolrolling

p.s. T.G. she doesn't read this - I'd be a dead man :bigsmiley24: I haven't even got a pillion seat!

dropped mine after coming to a panic stop to avoid some sandhill cranes on the road. Later my girlfriend showed me a nasty gouge on the tip of her helmet when her head hit the ground and that was with no forward motion. Makes you think...

Last edited:
Yep, did the deed 2 months after getting the bike, safety equipment...always! Ride safe and practice often!

yep, I had my sporty 2 weeks and dropped her at an intersection. The intersection was on an incline and I used too much brake and not enough throttle and over she went. I still remember some of the comments......

Hi I find that in those situations on a hill, keeping my foot on the brake pedal untill I have good revs and feel that the bike wants to move helps avoid the stalling mistake. Have had my bike for two years and havnt dropped it yet. No doubt I will at some point though ,Hope not

Back