Well...how my new 2010's riding season ended...

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by coyote43d, Jul 5, 2010.

1. coyote43d

coyote43d Member

.......My riding season is now over. Picked up my new 2010 FXDWG today and as I was leaving the gravel parking lot somehow me and the bike ended up on the ground. I got up and then promptly went back down in excruciating pain as my knee gave out. I just got back from the Base medical clinic where the doc said something about a possible fracture of the tibular plateau or something like that. I have to go to the local hospital for a CT Scan tomorrow morning to confirm it. As for the bike I need a new rear brake pedal, there's a dent in the gas tank and the right mirror and exhaust are scratched.:bigsmiley15:

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
  2. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

Sorry to here that.The bike can be fixed.Hope you get that leg taken care of.

3. mvd00024

mvd00024 Member

Sorry about everything,Will pray for you and the bike for quick recovery.:(

4. kemo

kemo R.I.P

That is a real kicker, sorry to hear about your spill but at least you didn't do it in traffic and the bike canl be fixed. It is a real blow to the pride department.
    kemo

5. dr robert

dr robert Active Member

Check on some of the Pay it Forward posts for parts if needed. Good luck.

6. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I feel for you. I really do. I hurt my ankle really bad when the '03 Ultra went down about 3 mph. I stuck out my right foot instinctively and I thought I broke it. There is like 900 lbs. of bike there plus my own 200 lbs. of weight. Just be thankful that you didn't do much more damage to yourself AND the bike! Godspeed in your recovery.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Hoping you have a speedy recovery, take your time on fixing the bike get her right the first time:s

8. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you recovery quickly and the knee mends. You can always repair the bike. One tuff start with a new bike. Feel your pain.

9. CIB1Infantry

CIB1Infantry Member

Hoping for a quick recovery for you.

10. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

Hope you have a speedy recovery.