free website stats program Well guess what ... !!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Well guess what ... !!!

Holy Moly TQ, glad you are OK I dont understand people not paying attention

Holy Moly TQ, glad you are OK I dont understand people not paying attention

Yep, I agree.

In both accidents (the one in 2013 and this one), I should have been reasonably safe. In 2013 I was riding on the HOV lane on 59 heading North into Houston at rush hour. Me and hundreds (if not thousands) of my closest friends were all headed into work at that hour (around 8a). Yet I was struck by an idiot cage driver going THE WRONG WAY on the HOV.

In Monday's accident, I was going West on the Westbound feeder of the Sam Houston Tollway just after rush hour (around 8:30a) and had come to a complete stop at a marked four way STOP sign intersection at a divided cross street (Vickery Dr.). Yet I was slammed into from behind by an idiot cage driver that was probably texting on his cell phone or something, but was NOT coming to a complete stop at the STOP sign and so slammed into me and the Suburban stopped next to me on my left!!!

IDIOTS!!!

There should be some sort of significant penalty for this sort of "accident" involving motorcycles. Like loss of license and driving privilege for an extended period (like 5 years) or something for the cage driver.

I would favor this situation as a justification for a self-defense shooting of the driver by the motorcycle rider, but doubt that would get by the Liberals!!! :s :mgun

Cheers,

TQ

Yep, I agree.

In both accidents (the one in 2013 and this one), I should have been reasonably safe. In 2013 I was riding on the HOV lane on 59 heading North into Houston at rush hour. Me and hundreds (if not thousands) of my closest friends were all headed into work at that hour (around 8a). Yet I was struck by an idiot cage driver going THE WRONG WAY on the HOV.

In Monday's accident, I was going West on the Westbound feeder of the Sam Houston Tollway just after rush hour (around 8:30a) and had come to a complete stop at a marked four way STOP sign intersection at a divided cross street (Vickery Dr.). Yet I was slammed into from behind by an idiot cage driver that was probably texting on his cell phone or something, but was NOT coming to a complete stop at the STOP sign and so slammed into me and the Suburban stopped next to me on my left!!!

IDIOTS!!!

There should be some sort of significant penalty for this sort of "accident" involving motorcycles. Like loss of license and driving privilege for an extended period (like 5 years) or something for the cage driver.

I would favor this situation as a justification for a self-defense shooting of the driver by the motorcycle rider, but doubt that would get by the Liberals!!! :s :mgun

Cheers,

TQ

Not to minimize this I think all involved in a motorcycle accident should have to take an awareness class, I like the idea of an I max theater showing a large truck running down and over a car and saying sorry I did not see them

Yep, I agree.

IDIOTS!!!

Cheers,

TQ

Well TQ...I get paid to find patterns...and I see a pattern developing here...both accidents seem to have happened while you were going TO work. I think you should be granted free paychecks for life, as going to work seems to be quite dangerous. :)

I hope you don't mind me trying to add a bit of humor. I'm just really thankful that you were not more seriously injured. That had the potential to be VERY bad for you.

Well TQ...I get paid to find patterns...and I see a pattern developing here...both accidents seem to have happened while you were going TO work. I think you should be granted free paychecks for life, as going to work seems to be quite dangerous. :)

I hope you don't mind me trying to add a bit of humor. I'm just really thankful that you were not more seriously injured. That had the potential to be VERY bad for you.

Joy,

You know I mentioned that very observation to my Boss. He said he could make sure that I would not be hit riding to work again. Not sure I like the way he put that!!!

Cheers,

TQ

The idea of taking away a driver license is good, but won't stop the person from driving. Increased insurance cost helps but sooner or later thay stop paying for it and then the affected get little or no reimbursement for the action of the idiot that causes the wreck.
I'm in favor of the at fault driver have an additional penalty of digging a 3 X 8 hole 10 feet deep and lay down in it as we release liquids retained from our body.
WAP.gif

I hate to see bikers that ride with respect get the low end of the stick. There should be better laws for the Harley riders in said cases. I am glad TQ is alright and it wasn't worser.

Not to minimize this I think all involved in a motorcycle accident should have to take an awareness class, I like the idea of an I max theater showing a large truck running down and over a car and saying sorry I did not see them

Jack I think that is a great idea and the offender should have to pay for it, if he/she can't, their driving license should be suspended until the class is taken.

Hope you heal up fast TQ!

Back