free website stats program Weather radio | Harley Davidson Forums

Weather radio

anjumkha

I travel long distances in summer. Last year I was caught in sudden rain while cruising on my old Moto Guzzi to Fl from Princeton, NJ.

Without any warning the good sky threw beer at me. Half an hour ago the sky was cloudy but I could see a lot of blue in the sky. The blue is always reassuring to riders. However, in the next fifteen minutes the sky turned black, crackled , lighted and dumped a wall of water. Dramatic. I was able to park safely. My Frogg Toggs rain coat protected me. I wished I could light a cigarette and enjoy the water and the wind while watching the cagers go by.

Now I am blessed with a FLHT.

Is there a weather radio I can install in the cubby hole?

Thanks

M Khan

I don't know but my stock 04 H.D. radio has like 6 differnt weather stations and it works great... I just used mine on a 1000 mile trip down to the Texas coast this week...I used the information to by-pass and out run a couple differnt storms yesterday...

Nothing is going to help on quick showers... but the NOAA weather radio that is on H.D. radio's will keep you informed to the fact that a storm is possible and or going on at the time...it's as good as it gets ????:small3d028:

=================================================

Also ...I used my Android smart phone to watch the radar at every stop...because I knew that there was a chance of bad weather the way I was heading ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Also ...I used my Android smart phone to watch the radar at every stop...because I knew that there was a chance of bad weather the way I was heading ???

Thats cool...Radar on a smart phone...What will thay come out with next.:)..Oh kiding about quick showers

cool...I get very parinoid about bad weather here in Texas,.. and when I'am on my scooter...it gets rough down here .real quick:s

cool...I get very parinoid about bad weather here in Texas,.. and when I'am on my scooter...it gets rough down here .real quick:s

Seems like Im missing out on alot up here..With the wether in some states I can understand why you get worryed....Up here we just get wet.. Ride safe

I have seen some really bad storms just pop up down in Florida. Been caught on the bike and out in the boat and they are on you like white on rice. I'm sure folks down that way can attest to this.

My HD radio has several weather stations. I joke to my wife that they are the "shower" stations because every time I turn on those channels for a weather update it seems they always mention showers likely. Seriously! I suppose they are covering themselves because it is in the peak of the summer and showers certainly do spring up out of nowhere at times. I wish I knew what could prevent me from that. I just accept it as a very real possibility at that time of the year.

Back