free website stats program weather band on radio | Harley Davidson Forums

weather band on radio

titan307

is there a way to setup the weather band on the radio to come thru while listeneing to the radio. i dont want to have to leave it on the weather band all the time. I would like it to see if i can get it to operate like the cb, only comes thru when an alert come across.

Nope. If you select weather band, that's what you get. The HK doesn't have a "trigger" that kicks on when the alert tone is broadcast. If the weather is that bad that I have to monitor the weather band, I'll park it and drink beer on the couch.

From trhe manual:

WB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See H in LCD Display Examples. Broadcast by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Weather Band (WB) frequencies are available in North America only.

To receive NOAA weather alerts while listening to other radio bands, highlight the Alert indicator in the WB display by pressing the soft key. An alert tone will automatically switch the receiver to the announcing WB channel regardless of which frequency band is playing.

When equipped with the CB module, use the soft key to highlight the Alert indicator in the LCD display. Weather alerts are announced over other audio and the Alert indicator is highlighted in the display.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Owners/om/2012/en/TOURING/file-5.comp

From trhe manual:
WB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See H in LCD Display Examples. Broadcast by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Weather Band (WB) frequencies are available in North America only.

To receive NOAA weather alerts while listening to other radio bands, highlight the Alert indicator in the WB display by pressing the soft key. An alert tone will automatically switch the receiver to the announcing WB channel regardless of which frequency band is playing.

When equipped with the CB module, use the soft key to highlight the Alert indicator in the LCD display. Weather alerts are announced over other audio and the Alert indicator is highlighted in the display.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Owners/om/2012/en/TOURING/file-5.comp

Thanks for that information that I (and others) have overlooked in the owners manual. I looked in mine and there it is, the only problem, is I can't get the ALERT indicator to display on my '07 (I have tired all soft keys). I'll be exploring what I am not doing correctly.

From trhe manual:

WB

thank you. i will be trying this tonight. will update after

thank you. i will be trying this tonight. will update after

Well it has been a bit over a month since the last few replies were posted, and I am totally confused about this Weather Band Alert thing. Initially when I was in WB mode, the word Alert appeared as white letters in a black box at the top left of my display. I pushed a soft key (#4,5 or 6) as the instructions say. Nothing at all happened. Then I thought maybe this feature was only on Ultra's with CB radio. I tried to set Alert on 4 Ultra Classics at the Barber Vintage festival, with the same results. Alert appears on all of the displays, but nothing highlights or changes using the soft key(s). We tried with the ign. in Acc,/run/engine running, etc. On the ride home, I inadvertently switched to WB, and noticed "Alert" has disappeared on my radio display. ??? Of course the weather has been beautiful, so I can't see if the radio will switch over if an alert is broadcast. Has anyone done this "Alert" procedure successfully?? :newsmile040:
As far as I know this (supposed) alert function is only on Harmon Kardon radios.

Last edited:
i tried this once and could not figure it out. i will now have to go back and try again since i have been reminded about it

Back