free website stats program wearing a watch? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

wearing a watch?

Got a watch - and wear it - mostly out of habit... I've been known to pocket it if I have my leather jacket on - the jacket sleeve is pretty snug around my wrist - and the watch makes it uncomfortable...

I was an infantry soldier for 25 years and in the military accurate time keeping is essential
the watch i wear is of a military style and the only thing it can do is tell the time in the old fashioned way of hands pointing to numbers it can be used for direction finding if i can see the sun

Brian

Dont feel right without watch on,just so happens wife has bought me a HD one for my birthday,nice lookin watch,any you fellas wear a HD,Hope BULOVA is a good make,seen some good reviews so hope so....
===============================
Good luck Danny; I got a real nice looking HD Bulova at a big box store closing sale. It quit working within 6 months, new batt. no help. It still looks nice on my dresser, and it's correct twice a day.:laugh

Only wear a watch when not riding.....have a watch on my RK and when away from the bike, my phone tells me the time.

Are you kidding - who cares what time it is while riding.:s

Now, seriously, I wear a Bulova watch on work-days (retirement gift), but nothing on the weekends. I'm like Hobbit - my phone's the weekend clock piece.

A side note to this post, I am a bit old fashion, and though I have several "battery" operated ones, I like the old style autowind mechanical watches of old. Was looking at them and saw Tag Hauer and others going in the $1000's range...silly, but my uncle and nephew were watch repairmen and could disassemble and reassemble them totally totally in about 4 hours with NO instructions...they always touted the Swiss and 17 Jewel or greater movements with names like Incabloc movements and such while growing up. Remember watching them for hours, best part was when they would put in one of the main gears with long spring and suddenly the inanimate object would start "ticking"...must have been gratifying to see like a heart surgeon...amazing!

I do wear a wrist watch. I've always been a clock watcher and I hate to be late for anything. I guess that's only one reason I have high blood pressure. :(

After 10 years of wearing a watch in the military I've weened myself off of wearing one. I just use my cell phone or look at the clock on the bike if I'm on it.

I wear a watch to work, but never on my road king. Last summer from chicago to the
main hog ralley and then to sturges. never cared about what time it was

Back