free website stats program WD 40 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

WD 40

Best use I have found is to get rid of hornet`s nest , soak it good & spray any hornets / yellow jackets as they try to leave nest.

A caution;; the propellant or something in it is flammable be carefull............
Certainly NOT to flame or disagree - however, an electrician friend of mine told me to spray wd-40 into an electric motor that had the "starter" mechanism sticking. While it was plugged in and running, I hosed it down all up inside the motor - using the little spray tube that comes with it -- it didn't hurt anything and lubricated and cleaned all the inside mechanicals. Motor is still running fine. I periodically spray inside running motors to clean them -- just be sure it can drip out without ruining or damaging anything else. AND of course, this is what I do -- I don't recommend anyone else doing it.

Bill

Yep, pretty good stuff & I always have 1-2 cans in the garage so I'm ready for anything on Jonas' list.

As suggested by some mechanic friends: use WD-40 in place of ether for hard to start diesels and gas engines.

Certainly NOT to flame or disagree - however, an electrician friend of mine told me to spray wd-40 into an electric motor that had the "starter" mechanism sticking. While it was plugged in and running, I hosed it down all up inside the motor - using the little spray tube that comes with it -- it didn't hurt anything and lubricated and cleaned all the inside mechanicals. Motor is still running fine. I periodically spray inside running motors to clean them -- just be sure it can drip out without ruining or damaging anything else. AND of course, this is what I do -- I don't recommend anyone else doing it.

Bill

the reason i mentioned flamable. heres what i did i was spraying in the broiler section of a oven, oiling the hinges there were squeeking. gas oven with a lit pilot. & i got a flair up..lost some facial hair..... :bigsmiley32:... no prob w/ your response Billbo... :D

A caution;; the propellant or something in it is flammable be carefull............

The WD40 itself is flammable,You can run a gasolene engine on it! Once when I was A young lad my father was using it to clean a carburetor on a 64 Chevy Nova that was having some problems, that's how we discovered it! If you have anything with a carburetor on it squirt some in there and give er a crank, you'll see. :ap

WD40 is also a very good degreaser AND removes decals and adhesive gums due to its penetrating solvent/oil makeup.

Back