free website stats program waxed | Harley Davidson Forums

waxed

walleye

Contributor
I know there has been discussion, and I know pledge is what I use to detail, but I am going to thouroughly (sp) wash my scooter and am thinking it is time to apply a wax. UNLESS there is some reason I should not? Any new suggestions on what to use or what NOT to use? Thanks.

If your gonna do it up good i will pass this on. I have a Black RK. and of course it shows everything. So i keep it clean as possible . However i will get fine scratches time to time and i have tried everything. I have found however that the HD Swirl and Scratch Treatment to be the best hands down! . Other treatments are too harsh. Then i use the HD wax...and keep a can of Pledge in the bike (smiles)

Reasonable is a pretty strong word, fanatical would be more like it regarding love of V-twins...excuse? "--jus' happened to be in the area and stopped by..."!!! :newsmile075:

When I do a full wash I use Lucas Slick Mist. Just wash bike as normal then spray on while it is still wet. Then dry with cloth or your choice and use a fine micro-fiber cloth for final detail. WOW! talking about a shine. And it couldn't be any easier. I get it at Autozone.

I've tried just about every product in the auto/motorcycle world, but the product I've found that gives me superior results is formally called "The Bom" cleaning products. I believe today it goes by the name of "Captain Jacks". This product never leaves a residue and cleans chrome, paint, windscreens etc.. They sell a sample bottle that you might want to try. Everyone I ride with has switched over to "The Bom". *Their chrome cleaner removes stains and leaves a brilliant shine.

I bought my EGlide used. The previous owner evidently wiped the bike down dry a lot, causing those tiny spider web scratches that look cloudy. I stripped the wax (straight dishwash soap), then started with a clay bar and went through the Mothers 3 step waxes. It brought back the clear sharp shine. Now I wash when needed, but don't wipe it down after a ride (it's not easy just leaving it dusty). I flood the fairing to wash bugs off.

Back