free website stats program Wave | Harley Davidson Forums

Wave

farl

Took a trip down to Gainesville Fl a few weeks back. Went down thru Al into Fl and back up thru Ga. Took some side trips here and there. Put about 2000 miles on in about 2 1/2 weeks. What surprised me, was that once I got into Fl I got very few waves back from HD riders. It seemed like most waves I got back were from sport bike riders.

Hi farl. I see that too, but sometimes there are so many rides, at least in central florida, you'd have to ride with one hand all the time if I waved at everyone. Glad you had a safe and fun trip.

Hi farl. I see that too, but sometimes there are so many rides, at least in central florida, you'd have to ride with one hand all the time if I waved at everyone. Glad you had a safe and fun trip.

I agree that part of it is the number of bikes out, particularly on the weekends, makes waving almost a constant thing. For the most part I still make the effort.

On a busy Sunday afternoon when the sun is out - I sometimes feel like the little nodding dog on the back shelf of a car :D (driving on the left here, the left hand is not so useful for waving and I'm keeping hold of the throttle).

But I always nod to other riders - it contributes to the sense of 2 wheel community on the road which is something I value. Most respond or beat me to it - those that don't probably have sore necks from saying hi :D.

I wave to anyone on a motorcycle. I'd say about 99% wave back. The 1% that don't I don't take insult to.

I dont think it matters where you are riding,some people do it and others dont and it does not relate to what brand your riding.

On a busy Sunday afternoon when the sun is out - I sometimes feel like the little nodding dog on the back shelf of a car :D (driving on the left here, the left hand is not so useful for waving and I'm keeping hold of the throttle).

But I always nod to other riders - it contributes to the sense of 2 wheel community on the road which is something I value. Most respond or beat me to it - those that don't probably have sore necks from saying hi :D.

Funny you should mention the little dog....sometimes I think about mounting one of the spring loaded hands (that wave back and forth in the wind)on my bars....:cheers

I always wave or nod to other riders mainly sport bikes as there aint much hd in this area dont always get a reply but it is sometimes difficult if your mid bend or changing gear etc

Brian

If they wave back, great. If not no big deal. They may not have noticed you if there is other traffic on the road (always looking out for the other guy). Just enjoy the ride and the commaradiere.

Back