free website stats program wave at cars? | Harley Davidson Forums

wave at cars?

oldiron

This is kinda a variation on the "wave at sportbike" thread. When I`m on my bikes I return the wave to all but seldom iniate.
When I`m in one of my classic cars I don`t wave to other cars but without fail, H-D riders will wave to me. Not sportbikes, not metrics only H-D.
Do you wave at cars?

This is kinda a variation on the "wave at sportbike" thread. When I`m on my bikes I return the wave to all but seldom iniate.
When I`m in one of my classic cars I don`t wave to other cars but without fail, H-D riders will wave to me. Not sportbikes, not metrics only H-D.
Do you wave at cars?

Usually/Generally... I don't wave at cars... because I'm afraid they'll think I'm signaling that I'm turning or.....something and I don't want them to make a move that could get us tangled. I do smile and nod at Classic Cars. As a Harley Rider I know they feel the same love we do for anything "classic" which of course includes Harley's. I do give a "thank you wave" as I'm passing cars who move over when I'm "white lining" in slow or stopped traffic and also if a car goes by "waving" because they love bikes etc... (especially kids) - OF COURSE!

Last edited:
I wave if there are kids looking and waving or if it is a cage with a HD tag or stickers on it. Other then that they will get a nod unless it is an old car/truck.

I do wave to other antique cars when I am in mine and will return a wave to anyone else who initiates.

I will wave at kids if they wave at me, and I will wave at classic cars if they catch my eye, more of a compliment. A lot of times I will give them a thumbs up rather than a wave.

I wave at people I recognize. In a car or on bike. I wave at most bikes early and late in the riding season, but if I waved at everyone on a bike or in a classic car I'm afraid I'd never be able to put my arm down. I try to return a wave if I get one, but it's hard to catch them all.
Sorry to all the people who think I'm stuck up, but there is a lot more bikes on the road than there used to be.

A bit trickier for us who drive on the left. The better wave hand is keeping the revs up :D. I nod my head or give a wave with the Clutch hand if travelling slowly. Always a good thing to acknowledge a bit of courtesy on the road I think.:bigsmiley23:

Back