free website stats program Waterless spray cleaning | Harley Davidson Forums

Waterless spray cleaning

FLIPBEL

Hello everyone!!!! I have a question, what product can I buy to shine my EGC? I see car shows on TV and I see people spraying stuff onto a cloth and then just wipeing it onto the surface of the vehicle.

As mentioned by countless others on the forum, try Pledge. Can be used everywhere except for the leatherwork. Don't use it on a warm bike. I was a skeptic when I first read about it, but 2 bikes later, I am a believer.

A lot of those products you're referring too are either the new synthetic cleaning and polishing liquids like Mothers Syn, Turtle Wax Ice or a detailing product like Mothers Showtime detailer. They're supposed to be safe to wipe on a vehicle even if it's dirty and clean and polish the surface all in one motion. I guess they work, but I still don't like the idea of rubbing on a panel or tin where grit and grime might get ground into the surface or covered by a polish. Just doesn't feel right to me. Kind of like putting clean oil in a dirty filter.

I guess they work, but I still don't like the idea of rubbing on a panel or tin where grit and grime might get ground into the surface or covered by a polish. Just doesn't feel right to me. .

That's the same way I feel about using Claybar. I still don't understand how that product works without scratching.

I used to use mothers showtime. works really well on a clean bike. shines up real nice. but then I took the pledge. thanks Glider.

I used to use a honda detail spray on wax & cleaner, it was 1/3 the price of harley's, there are lots of good spray on detail cleaner/waxes out there. On a black paint job I like to blow any dust off before using and when I do use them I spray right onto the bike so it soaks, dry rubbing clearcoats even light dust will scratch. Although I have found if you have a good looking lady wearing a bikini or just chaps, Pledge works fine:D

I use Bugslide. BUGSLIDE™ All of the dealers in this area carry it. It's the best stuff I've used so far. You can put it on your windshield, fairing, paint, saddlebags etc. It makes the bugs come off the windshield with minimal effort. It also repels fingerprints. My dealer puts it on EVERY bike in the shop. It's not cheap, but I think it's well worth it. I've only washed my bike with water once since I started using it. I keep the little bottle in my saddlebags, and have the handle sprayer to use after rides. Also got a re-fill bottle as well. Good stuff!

Honda Cleaner and Plexis are my sprays of choice. I must admit that the plain Pledge does an amazing job. I wont use it on the helmet shield or the bikes shield however. Only Plexis for for those.

Back