free website stats program water spots | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

water spots

The paint on my vivid black E/G gets clouldy after it gets wet, but after it air drys it is fine.

Someone mentioned the Clay Bar above. GREAT PRODUCT! If you have never used it is definitely worth a dry for some of that hard to remove buildup. I have used it on my car a number of times, thankfully have not had to use it on my bike yet, but it is always there. You spray a little spray wax on and them rub the clay bar hard over it, while continuously molding the clay when it gets too smooth.

All that said it sounds like FifthGear has experience with this so I would follow his advice, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the clay bar.

Thanks again to everyone for the advise. I will be taking the bag into the dealer on Saturday to let them look at it before i do anything else.

Took bag to dealer and was told not to worry. If it did not buff out it would be replaced under warranty. I was also told that this was not the first time they had ever seen a flaw in the paint or clear coat on a part of a new bike. I feel much relieved now.

Back