free website stats program Water proofing Tip from Frank the Real Biker | Harley Davidson Forums

Water proofing Tip from Frank the Real Biker

J

Jack Klarich

Waterproofing spray for boots, gloves, etc.
I finally tried Rust-Oleum's "NeverWet" waterproofing spray. There are several varieties of the stuff. I bought the kind for shoes and boots. I followed the directions exactly and sprayed my boots. That stuff really works! I put a boot under the kitchen faucet and the water practically jumped off. It even kept the mesh part behind the zipper on the sides from getting wet. I was quite impressed.

Next I squirted it on a pair of deerskin gloves. Same results. Water simply wouldn't soak in. That being said, after about 1,000 miles of riding with the gloves I tested them again. The palms of the gloves weren't nearly as waterproof. Much of the treatment apparently wore off from being rubbed against the grips. The rest of the glove was still waterproof. Regardless, it still beats having the entire glove get sopping wet if you get caught in the rain. FWIW, after 1,000 miles the boots are still just as waterproof as they were at first.

My early assessment is that it is good stuff. I think that it might need to be reapplied every so often...especially on surfaces that sustain a lot of wear and tear...but it's no big deal. Takes about 20 seconds to spray a whole boot and then you let is set for 24 hours. Easy peezy.

Looks good to me, thanks for the tip Frank, it rains almost every day here in Florida:s

Back