free website stats program water logged | Harley Davidson Forums

water logged

cavs1429

Just dryed out two weeks ago me and a couple of my friends drove back from New Hampshire to New york in the pouring rain man did it rain the whole trip. I was really suprized how well my 09 ultra held the road.there had to be at least 3 or more inches of water on the road the whole trip. My only problem was my eye glasses i coundnt see they kept fogging up the whole time any good glasses to where when it rains :bigsmiley29:

Just dryed out two weeks ago me and a couple of my friends drove back from New Hampshire to New york in the pouring rain man did it rain the whole trip. I was really suprized how well my 09 ultra held the road.there had to be at least 3 or more inches of water on the road the whole trip. My only problem was my eye glasses i coundnt see they kept fogging up the whole time any good glasses to where when it rains :bigsmiley29:

Prescription googles, kind of spendy but a very good option:D

A fork baffle may help for it directs the air down instead of picking up the steam filled air and blow it up over the tank.

i'm sorry i didnt make it clear i was wearing clear glasses not Prescription glasses water was getting inside them and they where fogging up totally useless need to get a good pear. it was raining so hard water was coming from all over the place not just from the ground i had my lower fairings closed but that didnt help much

i'm sorry i didnt make it clear i was wearing clear glasses not Prescription glasses water was getting inside them and they where fogging up totally useless need to get a good pear. it was raining so hard water was coming from all over the place not just from the ground i had my lower fairings closed but that didnt help much

When its raining that hard a full face helmet is about the only thing of much help, I ride in the rain in Florida year round and I know what you are talking about:s

If its raining that hard I just might stop and have a coffee or some hot apple pie with icecream. But somtimes ya gotta ride.

A fork baffle may help for it directs the air down instead of picking up the steam filled air and blow it up over the tank.

That sounds good in theory but I've got the baffle on my bike and it doesn't really help in the rain.

Like Jack I ride in Fl and in the rain. I bought a good pair of snow ski goggles and got an anti fog spray. The goggles look a little strange because they are rather large, but in the kind of rain CAVS1429 is talking about they keep the rain out and I have good side vision.

I've ridden in some heavy rain but not for as long of a ride as you - but I've had some good luck with some glasses called 7EYE - they make sunglasses as well as clear lenses and have a foam around the frame that sheilds your eye from wind, they also have a anti fog coating on the inside of the lense that works well for me - I wear contact lenses and can't and won't ride without them. If you want to check it out here's a link to their site -

7eye :: Motorcycle

Back