water cooled engine layout.

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by pjciii, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pjciii

pjciii Member

2. av8rjim84

av8rjim84 Member

I'm still skeptical of a water cooled HD engine. If it does happen, I suppose I will ride a water cooled Harley. I doubt I will buy a Honda because my Harley has a radiator.

3. whacko

whacko Junior Member

Looks to me like your feet will get a little hot with the radiator in the lowers like that. I understand the design is to hide the radiators but I'd have to ride that first to believe my feet and legs would not fry!

4. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

GOOD investigation on your part, Thanks

I like the idea of NOT changing the Sound or the Shape of the engine.. It still looked like a harley.

IF so, This might work for the younger generation and a few Of Us Old Die-Hards..

signed....BUBBIE

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Agree with you Bubbie, kind of like when the EVO made its debut, many old timers would not embrace it:s

6. blademan

blademan Active Member

You got that right Jack, the first one I saw had the silver barrels and looked like a Virago. I didnt want anything to do with it. But learned later that it was a really good engine.

7. pjciii

pjciii Member

how about calling it the " waterhead "?

8. whacko

whacko Junior Member

Some guys already call the vrod motor the "shower head"!

9. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Looks nice, just goes to show what I've always seen and that's Harley has the best styling over the metrics. When the metrics design a clone to catch the sales, they don't quite clone enough get on the same level.