free website stats program watch out pledge | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

watch out pledge

Nothing shines Good Chrome any more than it already is, soooo WINDEX is all I use.

I totally agree. I used chrome polish on my Dyna before I knew about abrasives. My Electra has only had window cleaner used on the chrome since new. In the sun, the difference is very evident, the chrome on the Electra is so much brighter/clearer than the Dyna's.

Thanks boss. Got it at a discount closeout store. Paid $2.50 per 12.5 oz can. Bought all four on the shelf.
Will try it out on the bikes this weekend- although not sure how much more brighter I can make the chrome. It seems like we clean our bikes more than our house.

Best,

Titu

You clean your house:11::small3d031:

Baking soda is a mild alkali and that is what I think they are using for the cleaning, I also agree if you make a paste and scrub with it then it would be abraisive. I also read that club soda will do the same thing.

I agree with you guys that use pledge and window cleaner. I use the Spray Away window cleaner for the really dirty bits then follow with pledge. No abrasive for me, don't ask why.:(

For Chrome i just use soap and water, But when i have to remove burnt boot mark's off the pipes i use Goo Gone, then polish the spot with Simichrome.

Actually I am with Jack on this one too...way back in chemistry class...water is right in between the extreme properties of alkali..."like" in salt and baking soda...the opposite extreme being acids. Don't think I would use anything close to salt water applied to metal on my bike, much less to clean chrome...sides, I would not want to risk a POOF! for naysaying Pledge. LOL.

Back