watch out pledge

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by PaPa T, Dec 8, 2011.

1. PaPa T

PaPa T Active Member

Had a friend tell me the other day to make chrome shine as new was to use baking soda. Make a watery paste with water and baking soda apply to chrome let dry then buff off. I tried it and my chrome new shined so bright. Maybe we need to market pledge and baking soda.

PaPa T:naughty

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Naw,,,,,, that baking soda sounds like to much work.........:naughty

3. PaPa T

PaPa T Active Member

Sure hope that posting this does not get me a vacation with Glider

PaPa T

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

If you think about it the baking soda even when made a paste of is an abrasive. Pledge for me all the way :D

No vacations for ideas :D

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I think your good.....

6. deucedog

deucedog Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking as well.

7. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Good idea, but I was thinking the same (abrasive). So far HD chrome paste works well for the shiny stuff & never dull on the non-chrome parts.

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Baking Soda is good on Battery cables but IMO if there is any flaw in the chrome, the soda would eat away from the inside out JMO

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

Cleaning chrome parts (unless it is corroded or something along these lines) should be done with something like Nevr-Dull or similar product. Anything abrasive will cause hazing when the chrome is in the sun. Remember that the chrome top coat is only about 1-2 mils thick and it doesn't take much to damage it with an abrasive.

Turtle wax liquid in the tall green bottle is an excellent choice to not only clean but protect the chrome without leaving any scratches or the age old product "PLEDGE".:D

[​IMG]

10. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

Glider will that be available in orange scent as well?? lol