free website stats program watch out pledge | Harley Davidson Forums

watch out pledge

PaPa T

Had a friend tell me the other day to make chrome shine as new was to use baking soda. Make a watery paste with water and baking soda apply to chrome let dry then buff off. I tried it and my chrome new shined so bright. Maybe we need to market pledge and baking soda.

PaPa T:naughty

Naw,,,,,, that baking soda sounds like to much work.........:naughty

If you think about it the baking soda even when made a paste of is an abrasive. Pledge for me all the way :D

No vacations for ideas :D

If you think about it the baking soda even when made a paste of is an abrasive. Pledge for me all the way :D

Good idea, but I was thinking the same (abrasive). So far HD chrome paste works well for the shiny stuff & never dull on the non-chrome parts.

Baking Soda is good on Battery cables but IMO if there is any flaw in the chrome, the soda would eat away from the inside out JMO

Cleaning chrome parts (unless it is corroded or something along these lines) should be done with something like Nevr-Dull or similar product. Anything abrasive will cause hazing when the chrome is in the sun. Remember that the chrome top coat is only about 1-2 mils thick and it doesn't take much to damage it with an abrasive.

Turtle wax liquid in the tall green bottle is an excellent choice to not only clean but protect the chrome without leaving any scratches or the age old product "PLEDGE".:D

pledge.jpg

Back