free website stats program Watch out for this scam!...received it today. | Harley Davidson Forums

Watch out for this scam!...received it today.

T wrecks

Dear Account User,

We encountered some problem with our database and a lot of records were lost, we are restoring our database to enable us serve you better. All Windows Live Account users are hereby required to upgrade and store in our database to keep your account active. Failure to do this will lose his or her account permanently.
To update and enable us restore your account details in our data base to keep your account active, you are required to provide us the details below urgently. Click the reply button to enter details below.

Name: ……………………..........
Username: …………………......
Password: ……………………...
Date of Birth: ………………….
Country or Territory: ………..

Make sure the details above are correct to enable us restore your account details, this will help prevent your account from been suspended.

Note:
YOUR DETAILS WILL NOT BE SHARED.
Users have often told us that the more they use Windows Live! Service, the more they discover its benefits. We'll keep working on making Windows Live! the best email service around, and we appreciate your joining us for the ride.

Sincerely,
Windows Live Alert Team
Microsoft Corporation

Thanks T as i havent seen that one before it is a new scam to me
just be wary out there there are far too many attempts to get any kind of account details
If you think you have a genuine email asking for account details etc dont reply to the email go to the host website and log in and check your account details that way

Brian

Wish some of these dishonest pfishers would spend efforts doing good things vs. bad. Imagine how much safer the internet would be...

Thanks for the heads-up. I better call both mom's b/c they seem to believe everything you read on their PC's is real...;) Don't feel like re-building their systems, again.

If you read it carefully, you realise the writer of this scam's first language is not english.

This week I also received three Nigerian based emails asking for help to retreive millions of dollars.......must be scam season?

Thanks for the heads up. Also there is quite a few scams on craigslist. If you can't see it don't send any money on it.

Thanks T wrecks.
Scam artistes will never get tired for the thrill is getting people hooked which keeps them going.

If you read it carefully, you realise the writer of this scam's first language is not english.

This week I also received three Nigerian based emails asking for help to retreive millions of dollars.......must be scam season?

:roflYou must be blessed that getting three in a week makes you feel like it is the season. There is no sarcasm in that statement and I really am happy the average user sees that little, but for some of us if we get only three in the first half of a day it means a lite day.

Last time I rebuilt my home system that monitors the email account I use for all my internet browsing and before I reloaded all the filters/blockers/rules/etc. I was getting scam emails about every 15 minutes from every type of scam you have every heard of. That specific email account is the one I use for every two bit web site that wants my information, and is not the same one I use for forums (like this one) that I care about. I use it on sites that I am 100% positive sell their databases, and it shows in the types and volume of garbage it collects.

So basic rule, never follow a link in am email from a company that wants you to input information unless it is an email you were expecting and are 100% positive where it leads. These things are only going to increase in frequency and sophistication. Heck, their English is already getting much better than a year or two ago.

Back