free website stats program Watch out 4 those deer (GORY PICS) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Watch out 4 those deer (GORY PICS)

Thank you eveyone for your prayers and concerns. The scoot doesnt look 2 bad (hubby says). I havent seen it yet. They think that when i slid that i knocked the deer on top of me & the bike.

looks pretty painful. I've worked two fatalities involving deer and motorcycles. they're totally unpredictable and twice as stupid. I've struck three with my cruiser while on duty. We can only hope game officals will up the kill limit on them. anyway I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery!

In Kansas it's not so much the bag limit --- you can get up to 4 permits, I believe. But it's the cost ---- you have to have a hunting license @ last I heard was 18 / 19 dollars PLUS you had to buy a deer permit which ranges from $ 30 for a "either sex" tag to $10 for a "anterless" only permit. This is just for firearm season,don't know what they do for bow hunters!!! I have not paid much attention to the rules and prices here in Missouri since I moved here.

I wish you a speedy recovery , please let us know how you're doing. That was really wrong what the cage driver did to you. Someday they'll have to answer for what they did. I'd love to see their face then....... :bigsmiley11:

Hope you have a full recovery and are back in the saddle soon.

I'm thinking that the operator of the cage didn't want anything to do
with law enforcement when they arrived. Why else would someone leave
an injured person like that?

First and foremost, glad to hear that you are ok and will recover to ride again. That is the most important factor. Its also good news to hear the scoot seems to have not suffered too much damage. My guess on the cage is more than likely someone who knew cops would probably show up and had reason to not be around cops. What they did was deplorable and to not even stop and offer to call someone is just sick. They will get theirs eventually. Lastly, you have made me think a lot harder and longer as I drive the rural back roads of Northern Virginia. I've had one close call where the deer was in my lane and facing right.....almost to the shoulder. As I started to swerve into the oncoming lane, (no oncoming traffic thank God) the dumb deer turned around to head back across the road. I was close enough I could have kicked him. I got very lucky and squeeked by.

Wishing you and the scoot a speedy recovery,
2002SilverSurfer

Last edited:
I'd never leave an injured motorist (cage or bike) & (maybe I'm just sexist) BUT TO LEAVE AN INJURED WOMAN-----no excuse is good enough. Tracy

Dang, Pook! That is even painful to look at! Glad to hear you are still with us! Hope you're back in the wind soon.

Back