free website stats program Washing Your HOG? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Washing Your HOG?

About an hour, wash, dry (leaf blower works well for this) and wipe down, wax, then detailer in spay can and wipe down again. She shines nice after all that.

Takes me about an hour and a half. I wash it the night before using a soft nylon brush that won't scratch the paint and gets into the nooks & cranny's better than a sponge or a shammy cloth. Trust me, if you buy the soft nylon bristle brush it will not scratch the paint.:s Then I gently rinse off the bike using a plain old garden hose, I have a power washer but I prefer to do the scrubbing by hand and not blast off the dirt. Beside, you can do a much better job by hand. Then I use the Metro Air Force Blaster as has been recommended here. Works great but in all reality it takes me a solid 20 minutes to thoroughly rinse off the bike. Then I put the bike in the garage, cover it up, and the next day, usually a Saturday, I get out there with my cup of coffee, listen to talk radio, and get down to waxing the paint and polishing the chrome while the bike is raised up high on the Sears Aluminum ( Yellow) MC jack.
I find if I break it down into two tasks its more enjoyable for me as opposed to doing it in one hurry up half fast job.

Back