free website stats program Washing Your HOG? | Harley Davidson Forums

Washing Your HOG?

It does not take me more than 30 mins,The only time I use water to wash is if I have been in rain.I detail bike shortly after any ride of length using a water less detail spray and microfiber towels this only takes 15-30 mins. I prefer to use a product called thunderbolt polish but have had great results with most any local parts store waterless cleaners.I have been told by most of riding friend I am a detail nut with the bike but doing like this it is almost always shining like a diamond...........

I never had a lot of time before for detailing when I was working. Now I can spend an hour or so, but I still hate detailing laced wheels:p I use compressed air(I have a dryer) on my compressor and a rubber tip blow gun, and micro fiber rags dedicated to the BIKE only:s

A couple of hours (depending on the heat!) I try to be meticulous when I clean it, take it to the car wash about 3-4 times a year in between I just use a wet fibre cloth and windex to get the bugs off then a spray Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer and Never Dull to finish the job. BTW Never Dull best shine I've ever found for chrome, stainless steel and aluminium. :D

My Heritage never sees the water (except during riding in the rain) until spring when I use S100 to clean the engine. The rest of the year it is Pledge and only Pledge on the painted and chrome surfaces.

Mostly Pledge or Final Inspection. Every blue moon she gets the full treatment: at least 4 hours. That is why I don't ride in rain or puddles. Such things require the full monty.

Enjoy,
Rich P

It does not take me more than 30 mins,The only time I use water to wash is if I have been in rain.I detail bike shortly after any ride of length using a water less detail spray and microfiber towels this only takes 15-30 mins. I prefer to use a product called thunderbolt polish but have had great results with most any local parts store waterless cleaners.I have been told by most of riding friend I am a detail nut with the bike but doing like this it is almost always shining like a diamond...........

What Rydn4fun said, but I now use Pledge during rides

I take a bucket of hot water and a cotton diaper, like the old ones, and that takes the bugs off after a ride. I dry the bike with a cotton diaper also. I use that on the windshield painted surfaces and everything. Like a lot here I use soap and water only if she is really dirty.

30 min or so then every other week i take off the hard bags and tour pak then wash with dish liquid to remove the wax and then rewax the entire bike which will take me about 4 to 5 hrs. i work at a chemical manufacturing facility and ride daily so i have to wash more often than most.

Back