free website stats program Washing the new bike? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Washing the new bike?

washing? the only time mine gets washed is when it sits out in the rain

To each his own I like to keep mine clean,and also washing it regularily you can see if there is any seepage or leaks sooner and correct it BEFORE it becomes major:D

Nope, you got that as wrong as it can be :bigsmiley20: I could count the drinks (beers) I had in the last 6 months on one hand.

Wow. I couldn't do that with the beers I had on Sunday!!! (post ride - mind you) :newsmile01:

The thing I hate most about washing a bike is drying it. I have used the MR. Clean spot free rinse gun in the past (on Metrics) and am thinking about getting it now for the new RG with the Vivid Black show every scratch paint. I am looking for a good soap to put in a bucket though to wash it with then I will use the spot free rinse and let it air dry unless someone has a good reason not to use this.

I will wax it also which I have never done on a bike and I am using the s100 wax that the HD dealer sells.

I also have a question about the aluminum rims on my wife's 07 Dyna that are getting the ugly pitting that I have only seen on Harley's, I have scrubbed them with turtle wax rim cleaner (which burns my skin) and it has had no effect at all. Does this happen to all Harley rims and is there anything I can do on the 09 RG now to prevent this from happening down the road? I will try to post a pic of her rims later tonight. Thanks.

No matter how much I try and no matter what I use, I usually an not happy with how the bike looks after I wash it and blow dry. I end up doing alot of detail work, waxing and chrome polishing when I'm finished.

But I love it when my bike is spotless. Always have, always will.

Back