free website stats program Washing the new bike? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Washing the new bike?

My bro-in-law gave me a bottle of this to try, and ever since, my bike has not seen water. It's Car Chem "Show Shine". Just spay on, wipe off, and polish up with a dry towel. It's mainly used to detail semis. It costs around $20 a Gallon.

I spray the WHOLE bike.(leather, paint,chrome,etc......)

i am possibly one of the few on here that uses a hose but i also use liquid soaps ie S100/muc off/auto glym bike wash i wash the bike and blow dry it
I use a hose, but I would never use Pledge, I just cannot do it. I use a product called Crystal Glo, it is a motorcycle wash and wax kit. This is the best stuff I have ever used. After the wax application it looks like it is wet. It removed all the swirls and hair line scratches. It made my bike look like it just came from the paint shop.

CRYSTAL-GLO® Motorcycle Care Products

If you check into it, the grey isn't powder coat, it's paint. If you take some lacquer thinner on a paper towel and test a spot underneath, you'll see that the grey comes off on the towel.

The pig spit is usually available in the HD dealers or indies.

There's an aerosol paint from the dealer for touch up. #98606BY which I have a can of that I can't use :D

SILVER BEAD BLA Utility Harley-Davidson® Parts and Accessories

Yeah, read the fine print..."--quart paint cans not available in the State of California" and "--professional use only." :(

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't mean anything, just thought it was funny, aerosol okay to use in California, but it gets all the stuff airborne and since spray can holds very little paint, one has to buy a whole bunch to do a job...doesn't sound very green to me...except dollar-wise. :newsmile093:

Hi smitty.I really like that bike jack from your picture can you tell me what make it is,awesome rides you have..Thanx, Ian Wayne.

thanx smitty.Ifound the jack you have with the link you sent did you have to make any adjustments or did it fit alright?...Ian.

This all very good advice from everybody.
My question what is the best to clean a windshield with?
I have seen some very sorry looking windshields yesterday that are dull looking and seems that some of them are "peeling" if you know what I mean, it looks like there is a film on it that comes off in some spots?

This all very good advice from everybody.
My question what is the best to clean a windshield with?
I have seen some very sorry looking windshields yesterday that are dull looking and seems that some of them are "peeling" if you know what I mean, it looks like there is a film on it that comes off in some spots?

I imagine any clear plastic cleaner/polish will keep your windshield looking new but I've been using Novus 1, Plastic Clean and Shine for my windshield and it keeps them looking new.

For washing my bike, I really don't like wiping road dirt off my bike, seems like that would produce swirls in the paint. Anyway, I use 901 Duragloss with a soft mitt to wash my bike, after a low pressure hosing off. If I can ride in the pouring rain, a little hose surely isn't going to hurt the bike.

Three cap fulls of Duragloss in a gallon of water, does the trick. I get it at my local NAPA store but you can also order it on-line.

Duragloss #901, Duragloss CWC (Car Wash Concentrate)

After rinsing I use a microfiber drying cloth. I kept my bike clean before using Duragloss but from the first time I used it, there was a very noticeable difference in the shine on my bike. Even people I worked with noticed and commented on it.

I have started using Pledge, in honor of Glider and others, on fingerprints and bugs, if the bike is fairly clean. :)
:42:

Back