free website stats program Was Your VERY First bike a Harley? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Was Your VERY First bike a Harley?

I recently bought my very first bike. Yes, it is a Harley. I bought the 08 sportster xl1200c. It fit and felt perfect for me. I sat on quite a few others and they didnt feel right but this one did. It has made it easier to learn to ride since it feels natural to me. The only problem Im having is with turns from a stop. Im getting used to it but it still makes me nervous. Hubby put a screaming eagle performance kit & vance & hines exhaust in it before I rode it.
That really scared me. I was afraid I was going to pop a wheelie!!!!:bigsmiley25: But, Im glad that this is the bike Im learning on. Im comfortable with riding now Im just working on the turns from a stop. I'll get the hang of it!:D

Here's a picture of me and my first bike in 1974. Started building the bike in fall of '73. I missed my calling!Triumph chopper.jpg

My first motorized 2 wheeler was a Rupp mini-bike with a 5 hrs. B&S engine also had a Indian 70,Honda CB360,87 HD FXRC (still have it) and now a 07 Ultra.

1983 - '83 Suzuki GS550e
2004 - '05 Eton Beemer 2 Matrix 49cc Scooter.
2007 - '02 Suzuki GS500
2007 - '06 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom (still own)
2008 - '06 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob (still own)
wetthree.jpg

Back