free website stats program Warranty Question? | Harley Davidson Forums

Warranty Question?

risuperglide

Today I noticed that the rear cylinder exhaust pipe flange was jingling around makin noise because the set nuts vibrated loose off of the studs! I am bringing the bike in tommorrow to get fixed. Will my new bike warranty cover this simple repair?...........2010 FXDC!..........:coffee

Yep, it seems these cheap semi self locking nuts need attention. I have replaced mine with lock washers and grade 8 nuts. You have a warranty make it work for you:s

I noticed a noise sometimes when I was riding like a clanging, I just thought that it was the heat shields on the mufflers! When I was wiping the bike down after a ride, I pinpointed the source, as both nuts were missing & the flange was just floppin around creating the mysterious noise that I heard! I am addressing this matter this morning at the dealership!

Update! Took the bike to the dealer this morning & they addressed the problem in the quick lane! I got out in about 35 Mins, & bike is good as new! I did not mind waiting because the sales girls who work there are smokin, & I luv chattin with them & talkin bikes!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back