free website stats program Warranty Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Warranty Question

TRichardson

I just bought a 2010 Ultra Limited and have a few questions. I have already put driver / passenger floorboard extenders on it and have a new SSC 12" windshield ordered. What I really need to know is if I put a 1 inch lowering kit on the rear ( not the shorter shocks but a LK-3-1 lowering kit that doesn't change the shock angle from eglidegoodies.com ) will that void my manufacturer warranty?

The "manufacturers warranty" in a lot of cases is decided by the dealer:34:. It shouldn't effect the warranty unless something breaks associated with the lowering jit and in that case only that part would possibly not be covered but the rest should be in effect.

As always, Glider has you covered with the 100% correct response.

BUT.....I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a dealer tried to use the lowering kit as an excuse to get out of paying for something that should still be legitimately covered. They're just funny that way! :p

Thanks Glider / Dr. Doolittle - That puts my mind at ease - I would hate to lose the warranty over something like this - plus the 3 year extended plan I bought also - You guys are a wealth of information and very much appreciated for the free knowledge - It's cool to be able to get answers without the learning pains of years of trial and errors and expenses - Again, thank you very much for what you do - - -

Being that HD offers bikes with the shorter shocks from the factory, this may be the way to go here so they have no recourse.

What I really need to know is if I put a 1 inch lowering kit on the rear ( not the shorter shocks but a LK-3-1 lowering kit that doesn't change the shock angle from eglidegoodies.com ) will that void my manufacturer warranty?

Not to get off topic here but I originally had just the back lowered which is very common. Nice ride as far as I knew because I never rode the bike without it that way. but this spring I had the front lowered also and man what a difference in the way the bike felt. It just seemed like it handled so much better. If I ever buy another one (I may never sell this one) I will lower both front and rear at the same time.

I looked at the shorter shocks from the dealer, and compared to the price of the shocks and the labor cost, I would rather buy the kit for half the price and do it myself - There's also the sense of pride when you do it yourself too - As for the front end lowering - maybe later - Right now I just need a little because this bike is a hair taller than my '06 Ultra was and I have to stretch just a little to get my heels down on the pavement good - Don't want to change seats or anything as the new seat is "Ultra " comfortable!!

Have you tried the new "Low" saddle option? It may get your "heels" down just enough and at very low cost..."free"?

pdf.gif
M-1265 new touring seat change[1].pdf

Back