free website stats program Warranty question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Warranty question

That would be excuse # 307-8 in the (why it's not our fault hand book). Like I said in my last post, DON'T GIVE UP! The break problem is a safety issue, what did they say about that? I would post a thread to see how many people on this forum had that problem and how they made out with hd.

If you would read my post, I never said his would not should not be covered. I said there are people who neglect their bike, and the warranty will not and should not cover these situations. U think HD should cover neglect? No excuses. Rule # 213B-14A

I note you live near the beach. We had just bought a bike here in Jax Beach. I had a knee injury and the bike sat for a few weeks. We thought it was ok because it was in a high rise condo parking structure, covered from the elements. However, it was open at both ends. That was enough for the salt air to do its work, even though there was never any condensation on the bike. Result was badly pitted spokes. Virtually nothing else on the bike, except a bit on the brake rotors. The salt air is vicious, cars have to be washed regularly, outdoor furniture cleaned and just try and keep a gas grill rust free. We now rinse and polish regularly and I'm going to get a new wheel. Not saying this is the cause of your problem, but it was ours.

Not to get off the subject here , I know a lot of bikers that live close to (Saltwater) , this is a big problem, but a bigger issue will be all your electrical connections at some point , All of the guys I know use a product on there bikes Called CROSSION X they make a whole line of products to protect against ,salt and mosture . there main focus is in the marine and areonotic fields ,everyone here should take a look at there website and what they have to offer, there products are second to none from what my coastal friends tell me. Again sorry for getting offtopic,but I feel this might have some future value to you. hope you make out ok with your rust issue.

Not to get off the subject here , I know a lot of bikers that live close to (Saltwater) , this is a big problem, but a bigger issue will be all your electrical connections at some point , All of the guys I know use a product on there bikes Called CROSSION X they make a whole line of products to protect against ,salt and mosture . there main focus is in the marine and areonotic fields ,everyone here should take a look at there website and what they have to offer, there products are second to none from what my coastal friends tell me. Again sorry for getting offtopic,but I feel this might have some future value to you. hope you make out ok with your rust issue.

Thanks, I did not know that.

My response was not directed at you 09 ultra, if you read my first post you will see I basicly said what you said.

Sorry Blk Shadow. You are right on. Not defending the MOCO, they need to be watched as they will challenge legitimate claims for sure.

The bike is going in on Friday for the strange noise and vibration from the front brakes. Will see what they say. Spent the better part of Sunday washing waxing and working on the spokes. Will say they are the only parts that seem to have rusted. As soon as I can afford it will be changing to a different style front rim.

The bike is going in on Friday for the strange noise and vibration from the front brakes. Will see what they say. Spent the better part of Sunday washing waxing and working on the spokes. Will say they are the only parts that seem to have rusted. As soon as I can afford it will be changing to a different style front rim.

Do your self a favor and do a little more research on the rusted spoke thing before you give up! If it wasn't your fault hd should pay. Like I said before try a thread on rusted spokes,chances are it happened before. It worked for me on a cracked windshied, when hd said it never happen before and they weren't going to cover it. I'm picking up my new windshield tomorrow,under warranty. Because I didn't give up!

Back