free website stats program Warranty issue question concerning inner cam bearings | Harley Davidson Forums

Warranty issue question concerning inner cam bearings

bgrant64

I am going to be doing a cam change sometime in the next 3-4 months. I have a 2006 EGC that is still under extended warranty and will be for about 3 more years. The cams that I am installing will be Screamin Eagle and I am sure that the needed bearing kit that will need to go along with the cam change uses INA bearings.
From what I have read here it is prudent to install the Torrington bearings. "IF" the dealer agrees to install the Torringtons (I have not had a chance to ask if this is a possibilty), can I expect this to void the remainder of my extended warranty??
The cam swap will be accomplished while upgrading the tenstioners to the newer configuration. Am I going to have to wait to do the addition of the Torringtons due to the warranty? If anyone is knowledgable in the workings of the warranty coverage I would appreciate a little ensight.

Thanks

What it comes down to is the dealer. Some will do a job and the warranty will remain in effect while others tell you anything will void the warranty. Talk to the dealer about it and see what they say.

Back