free website stats program Warranty expired yesterday... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Warranty expired yesterday...

Change the filter was listed a few times .. just a FYI on that for 2008 and up the tool to remove the fuel tank / fuel pump cap is 120$ and you cant get it off with out the tool .. so ya cant get to filter

For what it's worth and as long as we're on the subject. I saw a documentary (Modern Marvels type show) about gasoline. One of the things I noticed was the narrator said after the gas is refined to it's octane level it's sent all over the place and stored into the big tanks. When the tanker pulls up, the driver "Blends" the additive package to that customers specifications, while he's filling the order. How true, I don't know. I always try to hit a name brand (not Hugo Chavez') high volume station.

right about that. our texaco refinery filled shell, amoco, texaco, and arco trucks all the time. so who has the best gas? they are all just big kitchens with different ingredients.

Alot of good thoughts have been posted here, and I agree with alot of them.
I never really have been concerned so much with brand of gas, rather than volume of station. (to a certain degree).
The station that I was at was probably not a high volume one.

With the cost of gas now a days, I would have to think that premium gas is not a big seller to begin with. So how long was it in the tank? Long enough for condensation to build? I would hope that in todays world that we would not get bad gas, but that is wishfull thinking.

My fear was that the problem was not as simple as bad gas, but something more serious. So far, I'm feeling pretty good since I have been able to get some miles on it with fresh gas and not a single hiccup.
Like I said earlier, there were no codes thrown or anything, so a couple of drops of moisture going through 2 cyclinders, vs. going through 6 or 8 in the car or truck is going to be MUCH more noticible.

So for now, It's behind me. Lets hope it stays there!

Thanks again!

Oh, and thanks for pointing out the tool issue Bud! Looks like the filter will stay until another day!

Last edited:
Change the filter was listed a few times .. just a FYI on that for 2008 and up the tool to remove the fuel tank / fuel pump cap is 120$ and you cant get it off with out the tool .. so ya cant get to filter

I use a soft pine 2x2 or a wooden dowel to remove the ring on late model gas tanks. I place the wood on one of the tabs at about a 60 degree angle on the top of the tab and gently tap it with a rubber mallet. It comes right off and there is no danger of breaking anything. Simply reverse the procedure to put it back on. The wood usually splits so I just throw it away and get a new piece next time. Beats buying that high priced tool.

Back