free website stats program Warning......... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Warning.........

Thanks for the warning!!:D Have a great trip and I agree with Bobbiegs about stopping in at Trev Deeley Mototrcycles. They have been around almost as long as Harley Davidson.

Have a great trip. As far as driving on the wrong side of the road goes ...

I used to do a lot of work in Japan. Never had a problem driving on the left because it was always on my mind. Then you get home, relax because everything is back to normal. Then you make a left turn onto a deserted road at night and before you know it, driving on the left and just waiting for oncoming traffic.

Welcome T to the States, have a great and relaxing trip for you and yours. If you can, look into renting an HD if you get to the west coast...plenty of good riding here! :newsmile092:

Wow, T -- I just saw there was a cyclone that hit your coast...are you okay where you are?

Last edited:
Hey T. Hope you have a wonderful visit. I believe your plans keep you north of me, but if they change we'll understand.

T,

In an effort to assist you to avoid the culture differences while you are away from your upside "down under" home land, in addition to learning to drive on the "right" side of the road, you will also have to learn to walk the "normal" way. Also don't forget we have told you that water goes "down" the drain here, and flushing the commode (no seat belts either) is easier here, all because everything here is upright! :lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling Seriously, hope you and yours have a safe and enjoyable trip. :cheers

Regardless of travel means you should try to stop at Deeley Harley Davidson in Vancouver as they are the Canadian distributor for Harley and have been for many years. At the dealership they have a museum of old bikes that is likely second only to the factory museum in Millwaukee and is well worth the stop for any person interested in the history of HD.

So that's why Deeley charge us 3 times the US prices when the dollars are at par. I wondered about that...:newsmile055:

Hey, thanks guys for all the helpful advice, it's always a great help to hear from locals in the region you will be travelling through.

As far as cyclone Ului went, it crossed the coast about 500 miles north of us, we just got big seas, moderate winds and some rain. There was a fair bit of damage where it crossed, but no deaths or injuries from what we have heard.
Thankyou to the members for their concern who pm'd and asked in this thread to see how we were.
Cheers :)

My daughter lives just south of LA. I better call her and warn her...LOL

Hope you have a great and safe trip :)

come on down to texas. most folks here won't even realize you are on the wrong side of the road. especially here in houston. are you towing the softail? lots of beautiful roads to ride in the USofA.

Back