free website stats program Warm up | Harley Davidson Forums

Warm up

billlong5

Bought my very first bike this past October,2013 Street Bob. Had the exhaust system modified and began to learn.(after taking a week-end MSF course. After 10,00 mile I am starting to get the hang of it, so to speak! Am 58 years old and also got my first tattoo..(actually my first four Tattoos, all with a skull motif. Am a grand-father of a four and a half year old little girl,a twenty-three year old daughter. My father passed away this past August and left my brother and I a condo that we both share. John bought a 2012 '72 Harley at the same time I bought mine...all for now.. Want to know how long to warm up my bike from a cold start..I have been waiting until the RPM's get to the 990s...

Attachments

• 155.jpg
    155.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Street Bob.:cheers

As for the warm-up time, as soon as the RPM's drop off from fast idle and take off easy and speed up gradually. No jack rabbit red line starts.

Welcome to The Forum, The TC motor does not require a good warm up like the Evo did, that said by letting the RPM drop you are probably OK, they are air cooled so keep that in mind and enjoy:s

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back