free website stats program Warm Clothes | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Warm Clothes

I use a pair of Carhart bib overalls. I like the chaps but there is still to many places for the wind to get in. My main problem is keeping my head warm. Can't seem to find a stocking cap that will stay on. so lately I have been tying a bandana around the cap and my ears. People look at me funny sometimes but I tell them I bought the bike to ride not leave in my garage.

Funny Breeze.... now you probably got that poor guy running around the Harley dealerships looking for those "socks". Baaaaaad But at least you can roll them up to be thicker... maybe even a better idea than the sweat bands....

Dress in layers Under Armour and always wear my Leathers when its 50 or colder LOL rare here in Florida but seriously dressing in layers has always worked for me

Took the wife shopping last night and bought us both a pair of midweight thermal base layers - uppers and lowers. Wore them tonight at the 44 degree frigged baseball game. They are GREAT! :bigsmiley12:

I cant wait to have some free time so we can take a ride.

Thanks for everyones input. :cheers

Start her off with a pair of "Winter Silks" they are silk long johns! They are thin so they don't make your cloths feel "tight" and they are super soft. They cost a little more but I have some that still look new at 5+ years.

If it's a little colder then I'll pull on a pair of thick tights, then those...really cold days I tend to not ride much because I've beaten my body up too much and now when I get cold everything hurts!

But there are time when I have to ride just to keep my sanity...then I've been known to gear up in leather pants or even once it was so cold I borrowed a heavy duty snow suit. I didn't get far because I thought my eye balls were going to freeze but the rest of me was warm. LOL

I found flannel lined jeans at our local Army surplus store. As I recall, they were around $29. I've worn them a number of times and have been quite comfy.

I believe Carhart also carries a similar product.

A pair of long johns under your pants does wonders as well.

Today was a good day. :bigsmiley12: I just got back from taking my wife on a short ride. Being in the upper 50's before she would be "freezing" with the help of you guys she was warm and enjoyed the ride with the new base layers on.

Thanks again guys!

my vote goes to under armor as the base. I got all my UA stuff while in the Air Force before I deployed. It is great stuff. Layers is a must to stay warm on cold days.

Back