free website stats program Wanting to upgrade my ignition system, need some advice PLEASE | Harley Davidson Forums

Wanting to upgrade my ignition system, need some advice PLEASE

bender1

Hey y'all, ok so I have an 85 Softail, EVO V2, Ram Jet intake, S&S Super E, D&M breather, high flow oil pump, 5 spd (out of a 94 Heritage), 3" belt drive & a set of aftermarket pipes w/no baffles. I have gone through the entire bike and pretty much everything is new. The ignition system is the only part of the project that I am yet to tackle as I'm not sure which way to go with it. Maybe some of you guys that have been around the block a time or two can gimmie some pointers here?? PLEASE??

Thanks,
Ben
WAP.gif

Hi Ben; I have been running a Dynatek H1 module and coils (stock HD pickup) for 16 trouble free years on my '92. It is programmable for single or dual fire and has several rev limiter settings. They probably have a different "H" version by now.

I would go single fire a bit more money but IMO better for your bike, I have installed Dynas and Cranes both work good :s

You didn't say if you had replaced the 22 amp alternator with the later 32 amp. That alone will make a big difference other wise any of the other changes will not be much. The stock pickup is as good as you are going to get plus stock coils are about as good as any. The voltage module and such should be upgraded to SE for the right fit and wires.

Back