Wanting to Change lighting system over to LED

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by muttlange, Oct 22, 2010.

1. muttlange

muttlange Member

I have a 2008 Deluxe and I want to Change over everything Brake Signal and Headlights any Feed back concerning this?

Thanks guys
    God Bless you All

D

2. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

I have installed the LED tail-light from Harley, and I really like it. It shows up well when activated. I have not heard anything concerning LED headlights for a motorcycle. I only have one headlight, so anything I replace it with would have to be totally reliable.

3. McQueen1963

McQueen1963 Active Member

I found these about led Headlamps
    LED HEADLAMP AND AUXILIARY LAMPS Part Number 73391-10
    For more about this please see 2011-Controls_GPS_Audio_Gauges_Lighting HD catalog page number 649

4. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Kuryakyn was really pushing it's new LED headlight at Biketoberfest.

5. muttlange

muttlange Member

I've checked and so far I can't geta part number for the headlight, not for my specific model (HARLEY PART #)

6. Blue Wide Glide

I meant, nothing to fit a Dyna Wide Glide.

7. Blue Wide Glide

I talked to my parts guy at the dealer, and he told me that they put out a lot of very bright white light. He seemed impressed. They start around $400, so I would hope they are impressive. If they made one for the FXDWG, I would put it on my "wish list".

8. garyj9418

garyj9418 Member

I used Custom Dynamics for all the led lighting changes I made to my Fatboy and am more than pleased with the service and results.

9. PanHeadRich

PanHeadRich Banned

That sounds like Harley Tax to me, YIKES!

10. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I have seen the LED headlights and indeed they are very impressive. So far only available in 7". Have not seen anything worthwhile in 5 3/4" as of yet. I like everything about them except for the fact they are made of polyropylene plastic (? believe that is what it is).

I myself would rather have a real glass front lens. Because unless it's done right you may get that hazing and crazing you see on so many cages. I know glass is more expensive to make but for $400, it's what I would have expected to see.