free website stats program wanting loudest pipes i can get, opinions welcome! | Harley Davidson Forums

wanting loudest pipes i can get, opinions welcome!

ron1978

i have now 1 3/4 drag pipes no baffles, its loud and sounds awesome, but can i get something louder?? and what size? my dad as a 1985 softail fxstc
he's running 2 1/4 i beleive and he says without his baffles in he loses alot of power, so i don't want to go the wrong way here.

i've bee looking into the samson bigguns
i have 883

i have now 1 3/4 drag pipes no baffles, its loud and sounds awesome, but can i get something louder?? and what size? my dad as a 1985 softail fxstc
he's running 2 1/4 i beleive and he says without his baffles in he loses alot of power, so i don't want to go the wrong way here.

i've bee looking into the samson bigguns
i have 883

I believe running anything without baffles will lose Hp!!

Keep the stock headers and go with slip-ons. Just enough backpressure to still have scavenging for power & torque and keep the takeoffs in the event you have local law bearing down on you...! Listen to a few of the pipes in the Self Help and Videos sections...'course the best way is to hear them "live" and be able to ask the rider how easy they were to install and how happy he is with 'em...by going to local Harley events to be sure! :s

http://www.hdtimeline.com/harley_davidson_exhaust_related_issues/14447-slip_on_mufflers.html

it sounds pretty good now, but my pipes are staring to pit with small rust and getting time to upgrade, the drag pipes sound killer , but i was wanting a little more louder and deeper sound. think baffles in the drag pipes would help with power?? like seat of pants power i can feel?

i have the vance and hines short shots i think the sound awesome and the are pretty loud... they have a nice throaty tone to them..... they have 2 different kinds of baffles for them quiet and regular

any of you running the torque cones?? the ones were you install them inside the top of pipes nearest the motor?? people claim there good. any idea?

Ron, I've got a '94 FLSTC and am running torque cones on Cycle Shack 2 3/8" slash cut. I'm also running Big City Thunder "Thunder Monster" baffles. Give them a call at 704-847-1222, they are very helpful and easy to deal with.

Back