free website stats program wanting a new seat | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

wanting a new seat

I too tried Musatng seats of various styles. Good seat but I was too high and forward for my liking. Have had Corbin solo seats on other bikes that served me well after break in time. I now have a C&C solo. By far the best fit and comfort for me of all. Can ride all day without the dreaded butt burn. Not to mention they have LOTS of material styles and types to choose from. You can even custom design your own seat. No affiliation just a satisfied customer.

I am real happy with the Corbin Dual Tour saddle on the 96 Road King. I really liked the solo saddle that was on there when I bought it as well (except for the studs) but the passenger pillion was too narrow. The Corbin's are a little firmer and take a while to break in but for me they are the best choice because of that. A soft saddle tends to numb me after awhile. good luck

i appreciate you response...i bought a Softail Heritage front and rear seat and installed it on my bike..i went to the The Thunder in the Valley bike rally in Maggie valley during the last 3 days with is..i finally found the seat i was looking for..it feels really good..butt doesn't get numb..the rear pillion hangs over the front seat just enough to give me a back rest..we rode round trip close to 1000 miles and my knee got a little stiff from riding but i would stop every 150 to 175 miles to fill up and keep rolling..i'm so proud of the fact i found what i been looking for i'm tickled pink..lol....we went on a poker run while up there that was 125 miles..i sent my lady in to get our card while i waited on the bike..never left the seat and it was just wonderful..if i would have only knew that seat would work..i purchased them used with the thought ill get new ones if they work..but i got what appears to be new take off's..i wont be buying new ones..they look new...One happy rider here with a happy Butt today..i appreciate everyone who pitched in and kept giving me encouragement to try different things and different styles had it not been for that i may have settled with what i had and rode with a sore butt from now on...Thanks a million Guys...

I too tried Musatng seats of various styles. Good seat but I was too high and forward for my liking. Have had Corbin solo seats on other bikes that served me well after break in time. I now have a C&C solo. By far the best fit and comfort for me of all. Can ride all day without the dreaded butt burn. Not to mention they have LOTS of material styles and types to choose from. You can even custom design your own seat. No affiliation just a satisfied customer.
I am real happy with the Corbin Dual Tour saddle on the 96 Road King. I really liked the solo saddle that was on there when I bought it as well (except for the studs) but the passenger pillion was too narrow. The Corbin's are a little firmer and take a while to break in but for me they are the best choice because of that. A soft saddle tends to numb me after awhile. good luck

in the future i may purchase a solo corbin seat and give it a whirl for solo riding..me and the lady parted ways after our return yesterday so i'm looking forward to some solo riding myself anyway..but my seat feels good even solo..it gets boring 2 up all the time..bike has more power , handles better gets better fuel mileage solo..and it doesn't say when to come home..only thing though it wont keep you warm at night..although i haven't tried cause it might...lmao...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear that you found the combination that work for you.
i was able to go on another long ride over last week and weekend..i went about 1800 miles over 4 days..only thing i experienced was my inner thigh on my left side for some reason felt like i had pulled a muscle and hurt the last 2 days really bad..but never had my tail get numb or burn at all. so for now this combo is what im gonna stick with..thanks for al;l the input throughout my trial and error phase..

Back