free website stats program wanting a new seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

wanting a new seat

Before you buy another one check back with meancity from what I read about them they will make it right.

Don is correct, i've heard nothing but good things about their work and they stand behind it as well.

I had them do the signature series seat on my bike and like you it was way too soft and worse than before as the burning started sooner. That is why I bought the mustang seat....lots more support and not burning....at least within 200 miles. I have not rode more than that at a time yet.

My rear end likes my current mustang seat has doubled the miles I can ride without the need to get off the bike and stretch

Brian

Before you buy another one check back with meancity from what I read about them they will make it right.

i agree they told me to bring it back and they will do something else..but said they have the best of the best in there and all they can really do is try to get as much foam like what was ion it back in it to make it firmer..i dont think they tried to do wrong he told me first that this seat was hard to help cause of the way its made..only thing that i didnt like w
as they told me that they could make my sit fit me better and i could ride longer than any eat i could buy..now they aren't saying that..lol..but its ok..giving me more reason to buy a new seat..

I put a Mustang seat on my 07 Streetbob, rode it from Sturgis to Florida, loved it, I still have the seat but not the bike, my 15 Freewheeler had a gunfighter type stock seat, I got rid of it and put a Roadking seat on, much better fit and ride

I put a Mustang seat on my 07 Streetbob, rode it from Sturgis to Florida, loved it, I still have the seat but not the bike, my 15 Freewheeler had a gunfighter type stock seat, I got rid of it and put a Roadking seat on, much better fit and ride

i ordered the vintage wide 1 piece 2 up Mustang seat for my bike just now. will be here friday. if i dont like it i can get a refund on it..lets just hope its not that way..im out of options now..lol..i feel pretty good about it..everybody has something good to say about them. onlly bad i hear is they will move you up and forward sometimes.. i dont need up and certainly cant go forward at all @6ft. 1in. already but i will let you guys know more after i put it on and my plans are to go to the beach for labor day..so from friday until Wednesday i should put 1500 + miles on it and that should give me some idea if its the seat for me..

Boy I wish you luck,but that doesn't sound too good.I wonder how consistently people told you it'd move you up and forward.I test rode a seat at my dealer,( a sundowner)they said it might move me up and forward,it did.I put the orig. back on.But if it's only been said in passing,and not noticeable,good.Them offering a refund,is more than you could ask for!

i ordered the vintage wide 1 piece 2 up Mustang seat for my bike just now. will be here friday. if i dont like it i can get a refund on it..lets just hope its not that way..im out of options now..lol..i feel pretty good about it..everybody has something good to say about them. onlly bad i hear is they will move you up and forward sometimes.. i dont need up and certainly cant go forward at all @6ft. 1in. already but i will let you guys know more after i put it on and my plans are to go to the beach for labor day..so from friday until Wednesday i should put 1500 + miles on it and that should give me some idea if its the seat for me..

Ok i put the Mustang seat on after removing my luggage rack..as soon as i sit on the bike i knew it would not work.. i felt like i was up on the handle bars..the inside of my legs wasent touching the seat i was rubbing the tank half way up the tank..way to far forward.. the rear of the seat was so thick that there was only a 1 inch gap between the top of the rear seat and the bottom of passenger back rest..it was a really akward and ill feeling seat. i never put a bolt in it and took it back off put it in its box and sent it back for a refund. they are to receive it monday 9/12/16 and should have a credit on my credit card within 48 hours is what they said...

Too bad it didn't work out for you, but your test results will probably help out other members so they won't have to go through the trial and error that you did.

Thanks for the feedback.

Back