free website stats program wanting a new seat | Harley Davidson Forums

wanting a new seat

i have a 2011 softail deluxe. im wanting a new seat and love the mustang seat but it raises you up a few inches and shifts you forward a few inches.. i dont like that..what is a good soft seat for touring that allows me to be sorta laid back not change my reack but have the softness of what a mustang seat has..thanks for any help i can get from this..i know im picky but just as well put it the way i like it and have to have it
thanks for your time.

Does local Harley dealer still have that seat exchange program?

Check into Mean City, you can have your stock seat redone to your specifications.http://www.meancitycycles.com/
im trying to talk with them now about it...thanks for the advice on meancitycycles

Add mini apes
as much as i hate the way apes look...even if ape was ion the name of a handle bar i wouldnt buy it..i love my bars where they are..my stock seat is perfect..it sits me exactly where i want to be.. reach the ground good any way at 6ft. 1in. after about 150mi. my butt starts getting numb and tingling.. not enough padding i think..i have a mustang seat on my other bike..it has the feek i want, but it lifted me up and forward so much i had to adjust my mirrors my brake and clutch then left me sitting straight up..it is a soft straight up but dont like the way i sit..so maybe the mustang seat with mods. done to it to get me back to factory seating but with the comfort of the mustang seat..

Check into Mean City, you can have your stock seat redone to your specifications.http://www.meancitycycles.com/
my stock seat is perfect..it sits me exactly where i want to be.. reach the ground good any way at 6ft. 1in. after about 150mi. my butt starts getting numb and tingling.. not enough padding i think..i have a mustang seat on my other bike..it has the feek i want, but it lifted me up and forward so much i had to adjust my mirrors my brake and clutch then left me sitting straight up..it is a soft straight up but dont like the way i sit..so maybe the mustang seat with mods. done to it to get me back to factory seating but with the comfort of the mustang seat..

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put a mustang sport touring seat on my bike and it put me where stock seat was. It also has the backrest. This is not the wide version which sets you a lot higher. That is not the seat you see in my avator. That seat is the signature series seat which actually set me lower on the bike.

I just put a mustang sport touring seat on my bike and it put me where stock seat was. It also has the backrest. This is not the wide version which sets you a lot higher. That is not the seat you see in my avator. That seat is the signature series seat which actually set me lower on the bike.
im wanting the larger padded seat for long trips..the factory seat is really nice for 200 miles and less..but when im gonna go 2000 to 3000 miles got to have more padding than your seat has..its not all about your position..its about comfort..mean city cycles is 15 miles from me..taking a factory seat to them monday and pick it up tuesday..with a guarantee..hard to beat that anyway !!

Jeff when you told me about meancitycycles i called them almost immediately..they are one town over from where i live..about 15 miles from my house.. i have a appointment with them for Monday the 22nd of this month to redo my stock seat and pick it back up tuesday..Lori told me as well it has a 1 year warranty on there work..for the price its hard to go wrong there...Thanks for the info. on them...

Good to hear Steve, others here on HDT have used them as well and we're happy with their results.
Let us know how you like your new seat.

i certainly will. the way they talk it will be better than any seat i could buy, so im anxious to know now..

I have had time now to put the seat on a put some miles on the seat..the padding they put in is to soft..to feel of it it feels nice but after a few miles theres no support it allows me to drop in the seat more after about 100 miles..at that time is when the burning starts..actually sooner than when it was stock..i took a 545 mile trip over last weekend to the beach and back and when i got there i was not impressed..i was sore from the ride and hobbling..hated the thought of coming back home on it..just staying for lunch was all..but decided to stay over night because of the seat..came back the next morning. when i got home same thing sore and limping.. gonna have to buy another seat now and dont know if i want a factory seat or the Mustang seat..im really torn now...Anybody with anything to say good bad or ugly..lol please say it do i can hear all angles from and about everything...
Thanks in advance for any help i can get !!!

Back