free website stats program Wanted: iPad Friendly HDTimeline Site | Harley Davidson Forums

Wanted: iPad Friendly HDTimeline Site

JDPEagle

Hi all! Just a little constructive criticism for the "powers that be." I have been one of the many who have been turned on to the iPad for leisurely internet browsing. As soon as I get home, the laptop goes into the bag, and the iPad joins me in my "productive" multi-tasking exercises of Internet and TV browsing. :D

The bad part: HDTimeline automatically defaults to the mobile site and it gives no option to elect the full site instead (this is a common option these days on most web sites). The default mobile site pretty much renders the site useless to those of us with the 9.7" display (or at least a LOT less enjoyable and useful). I'd love to be able to pull-up the entire site while out in the garage and wrenching. I could even upload realtime photos of my dissections from the new iPad 2 cameras (which could be a great exhibition of what not to do!).

Thanks for the consideration!

-Jim

Jim

Good to see you on the forum. I wish I could comment here but I don't get into these fancy ipads and those tiny little things that can slip beneath the cushions on the sofa like where I hide my daughters ipad when she comes over.

Maybe Speed can help you out with some suggestions.

Buy an App called Perfect Browser. That is what I use and it works perfectly.

It has a setting to emulate all the real Browsers instead of the mobile version of Safari.

What a guy! I should have known you would have the answer :s

Thanks for the input guys! Tank, I'm not sure why I didn't think of something like that. Being one who likes to spend all of his money on Harleys (and not software), I downloaded Terra (free from the app store). It's working like a charm!

Glider- it is great to see you back! I had heard rumors of your possible appearance at Bike Week. It would be great to cross paths at some point.:bigsmiley12:

Buy an App called Perfect Browser. That is what I use and it works perfectly.

It has a setting to emulate all the real Browsers instead of the mobile version of Safari.

Tank, Your Geekness....Not sure if that should be your new title or if I should say your geekness is showing through. :p

Your knowledge and replies on the forum never cease to amaze me.:bigsmiley23:

Now that is saying something. :s

Thanks for the input guys! Tank, I'm not sure why I didn't think of something like that. Being one who likes to spend all of his money on Harleys (and not software), I downloaded Terra (free from the app store). It's working like a charm!

Glider- it is great to see you back! I had heard rumors of your possible appearance at Bike Week. It would be great to cross paths at some point.:bigsmiley12:

Hmmm, possible Glider sightings....where may he make an appearance next? :bigsmiley23:

Jim

The solution is make a fake the browser agent, it can be done by software called "Atomic Web Browser". With this software your iPad will be detected as desktop PC.

Atomic Web Browser Lite

Atomic Web Browser Full Version

+1..It's all over my head but I have a son in law who is hip on all this 'hi tech' stuff..He downloaded the Atomic browser ( or whatever it is) and, it works great..I think it was .99..It really changed the way the Ipad presents HDtalking and other sites.

Back