Wanted: iPad Friendly HDTalking Site

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by JDPEagle, Apr 5, 2011.

1. JDPEagle

JDPEagle Active Member

Hi all! Just a little constructive criticism for the "powers that be." I have been one of the many who have been turned on to the iPad for leisurely internet browsing. As soon as I get home, the laptop goes into the bag, and the iPad joins me in my "productive" multi-tasking exercises of Internet and TV browsing. :D

The bad part: HDTalking automatically defaults to the mobile site and it gives no option to elect the full site instead (this is a common option these days on most web sites). The default mobile site pretty much renders the site useless to those of us with the 9.7" display (or at least a LOT less enjoyable and useful). I'd love to be able to pull-up the entire site while out in the garage and wrenching. I could even upload realtime photos of my dissections from the new iPad 2 cameras (which could be a great exhibition of what not to do!).

Thanks for the consideration!

-Jim

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Jim

Good to see you on the forum. I wish I could comment here but I don't get into these fancy ipads and those tiny little things that can slip beneath the cushions on the sofa like where I hide my daughters ipad when she comes over.

Maybe Speed can help you out with some suggestions.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

What a guy! I should have known you would have the answer :s

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Your knowledge and replies on the forum never cease to amaze me.:bigsmiley23:

5. JDPEagle

JDPEagle Active Member

Thanks for the input guys! Tank, I'm not sure why I didn't think of something like that. Being one who likes to spend all of his money on Harleys (and not software), I downloaded Terra (free from the app store). It's working like a charm!

Glider- it is great to see you back! I had heard rumors of your possible appearance at Bike Week. It would be great to cross paths at some point.:bigsmiley12:

6. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Tank, Your Geekness....Not sure if that should be your new title or if I should say your geekness is showing through. :p

Now that is saying something. :s

Hmmm, possible Glider sightings....where may he make an appearance next? :bigsmiley23:

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Thanks Jim, one never knows where I may end up :D

8. Speed

Speed Site Tech Administrator

9. alto

alto Active Member

+1..It's all over my head but I have a son in law who is hip on all this 'hi tech' stuff..He downloaded the Atomic browser ( or whatever it is) and, it works great..I think it was .99..It really changed the way the Ipad presents HDtalking and other sites.