free website stats program Want to put exhaust from a 2010 on a 03 street glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Want to put exhaust from a 2010 on a 03 street glide

Frankb50

I have a 03 and have some exhaust from a 10 street glide before I start taking it apart will it work

Not without some modifications. The '10 exhaust crosses under the frame by the oil pan. It's possible to put a newer oil pan on that is made to accommodate the pipe. Mufflers bolt on same as your '03.

I have a 03 and have some exhaust from a 10 street glide before I start taking it apart will it work

Have done it on my '02 FLHT; a worthwhile upgrade and gets a lot of heat away from rider and passenger. As Breeze3at points out, you will have to change oil pans to accommodate the below carriage cross over pipe. New pan PN is 62489-99A for black and it runs about $155-$160 from an online discount dealer. You will also need the trans mounting bracket PN 65678-09 and it will have to be spaced out from the tranny 1/4"-1/2"; 1/2" in my case. You will also need the hangar bracket attached to the trans case that supports the cross over pipe under the chassis. You will need to drill and tap the trans case at the back for the two 1/4 -20 bolts that attach the cross over pipe hangar to the pan; I drilled/tapped the two holes before attaching the pan so I could drill all the way through.

If you get serious and move ahead with the project, I have the process documented and with photos that was done by someone I know on another forum. IMHO, it is a worth while project; it really cleans up that area right under your butt behind the rear cylinder and moves a lot of heat away. Took me about 4 hours to get it done; Murphy did not rear his ugly head that day.;)

Back